GSoC 2019: Outliner Improvements Ideas

Hi. It’s me. The. Outliner’s. Bestest. Friend. In. The. Whole. Wide. World. :slight_smile:

So, the first comment seems to suggest that the developer shouldn’t take older feedback into account, while the second comment maybe implies that it could be done?

I’ve made this mistake before, but I’m still seeking an answer for someone to clarify if feedback is actually processed and documented somewhere, but so far I haven’t found something definitive…

The main thing that must be improved, from my point of view, is that deactivate a collection remove all the visibility states of the inside objects or collections.

1 Like

I made a new topic for this year: GSoC 2020: Outliner Discussion and Suggestions. Make sure to read the first post and see what kind of feedback I’m looking for this summer.

@RobWu @eobet take a look at 2.83 and 2.90, some of the context menu operators are fixed. 2.90 has fixes for deleting as well. Some of your other suggestions were a bit old and have been fixed as well.

Also, @eobet, with a small developer to user ratio it is very hard to record and implement all feedback, but I tried really hard last summer: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/User:Zachman/GSoC2019/OutlinerIdeas

@jesterKing or @dfelinto I think it might be good to close this topic now, could that be done?

7 Likes