Edit: I have finished my GSoC final report, and all of my improvements are now committed to 2.81. Feel free to continue to discuss here in this topic, but you can also make separate topics for larger suggestions. We have a list of planned improvements here. I still have the list of ideas from this topic. Not everything will or can be added, but there are many suggestions I would still love to implement.
I have been chosen to work on improving the outliner for the Summer of Code this year. As part of this project, we want to gather feedback from users regarding possible improvements that can be implemented. Please share any ideas you have regarding the outliner!
A selection of already planned improvements
- Synced selection with other editors
- Click and drag box selection
- Shift+click range selection
- Arrow key navigation
- Simplified selection indication
What can I suggest?
- Improved functionality (operators, interaction)
- Papercuts (small UI issues)
- Feedback to any currently proposed improvements
- Anything else you think should be mentioned
If you find a major bug or error, please report it rather than mention it here so it can be resolved quickly.
Please leave any suggestion you want, but try to make sure it hasn’t already been suggested before posting to reduce clutter. Check the the Blender Wiki or this post. Just click the to add your support if you see something you like