27 February 2023
Notes for weekly communication of ongoing projects and modules.
Let’s welcome two developers, starting fulltime this wednesday, March 1:
- Lukas Tönne joins the Nodes & Physics module.
- Harley Acheson joins the triaging team and will also help the UI module.
- Changes to the Blender.Git submodule configuration
- Blender has been accepted for GSoC 2023
- Blender Release Cycle Update — Developer Blog
Modules & Projects
- 2023-02-23 Pipeline, Assets & I/O Meeting
- 2023-02-23 Animation & Rigging meeting
- 2023-02-21 Geometry Nodes sub-module meeting
- 2023-02-27 Eevee/Viewport Module Meeting
- Blender 3.6 initial planning proposal
- Simulation Nodes
- Node Group Operators
- Node Group Usability Tasks
- Attribute Paint/Edit
- Check the meeting notes for the targets breakdown.
- The work will be carried over as the regular Nodes & Physics development.
- The communication channels will all be incorporated into the Nodes & Physics.
New Features and Changes
- Paste Keys in Graph Editor with value offset (commit) (Christoph Lendenfeld)
- Add Slider operators to hotkey menu (commit) (Christoph Lendenfeld)
EEVEE & Viewport
- Add support for exporting to USDZ (commit, commit) (Bastien Montagne, Charles Wardlaw, Sonny Campbell)
- Widen search boxes when necessary (commit) (Harley Acheson)
- Add color selector to Bone Groups list (commit) (Pablo Vazquez)
- Add list hover highlighting (commit) (Harley Acheson)
- Properly cancel dragging on escape or right-click (commit) (Julian Eisel)
- Gizmos: Support scaling of light gizmos with zero size (commit) (Weizhen Huang)
- Windows: Auto-Raise and -Focus Windows on Hover (commit) (Harley Acheson)
- Node editor
- Allow adding multiple search items per type in add menu (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Various fixes and improvements for translation (commit, commit, commit) (Damien Picard)
Video Sequence Editor
- Add retiming tool (commit) (Richard Antalik)
- Remove unnecessary position copying in delete node (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Avoid unnecessary allocation when calculating offsets (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Edit mode
- Add cursor snapping support (commit) (Falk David)
- Add NanoVDB support for Metal on Apple Silicon (commit) (Brecht Van Lommel)
- Slightly improve subdivision surface performance (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Replace vertex merging algorithm used by mirror and array modifiers (commit) (Germano Cavalcante)
- Add trim orientation to sculpt box trim UI (commit) (Joseph Eagar)
- Implement mesh filter cancel (commit) (Joseph Eagar)
- Add scissor functions to gpu.state (commit) (Jeroen Bakker)