2023-02-23 Pipeline, Assets & I/O Meeting

Everyone is welcome on the Google Meet linked below every other Thursday, at 17:00 CEST.

Present: Bastien Montagne, Brian Savery, Charles Wardlaw, Colin Marmond, Dhruv Govil, Julian Eisel, Matt MacLin, Michael Johnson, Micheal Kowalski.

The meeting covers the pipeline & I/O module in a broader sense, including some topics hosted in other modules (e.g. some I/O python add-ons, or overrides and .blend file I/O from the Core module).

Links

USD

Charles would still like to see USDZ export in 3.5. This implies finishing review of the main pull request very soon, and back-porting the changes to CWD handling in BLI area as well (original commit, and later fix).
While this is not aligned with the policy for Blender release cycle, the Blender team agrees to make an exception provided the last changes are ready for merge by the end of this week. Bastien will handle final review, merges and cherry-picks, also check the SVN repository for test files if needed).

Matt is running into crashes in the job system when running USD import in some cases, he will create a bug report.

Other

Colin asks about the GSoc idea page, more specifically the recent removal of an Asset browser idea (realted to asset view and catalog filtering). Julian replies that this idea is now being superceeded by the asset shelf, where catalog filtering is already being implemented. He remains open to new ideas of GSoC projects for the Asset Browser.

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be on Thursday 9th March, 17:00 CET/Amsterdam time (your local time: 2023-03-09T16:00:00Z).

The provisional meeting agenda will be linked in the #pipeline-assets-io-module channel before the meeting.

4 Likes

Please keep the discussion here on topic, this is not the place for user support requests.

1 Like