I just had a cute Idea what to put on the Splash Screen. Here’s a rough scribble. (please ignore the look of the character I use scribbles to get across a general Idea, not to look pretty)
So my general Idea was:
- have a computer with blender 2.8 open (mabye add a little bug in the scene)
- have a second screen with python code open
- have a poster with the blender code quest rocket ot something like that (Poster, Python, Blender UI will be done costum in inkscape so they fit the style)
- have a cozy looking developer on his bed in front of the computer
- have something like submit, commit, contribute written on the poster
to get the Idea across: hey this is a beta Version, it has bugs, but you can help make it better!
I’m not shure about/happy with
- the poster text
- the “Bughunters” Pose: mabye he lies on his bed staring at the poster (good for composition I think), mabye he sits inside a blanked drinking a cup of cofee or coding
- the character design
- the characters size … he or she must get a bit bigger…
so feel free to give suggestions regarding those topics.
I will probably ask my roomate (she can draw awesome chibis) for character design suggesions and I’m also thinking about using some kind of known character, that is already established and connected to blender. But since I want to go kind of chibi I don’t really know, who’d be a good fit for that.
I’d love to put a image of a chibi I’d like to use as reference here, but I can’t because I’m a new user. :c
[Edit:] I forgot to mention:
- I will make it free to share, use and change for everyone
- I will share the .blend file … and I will most likely have a final render by the deadline … but I think I’m probably going to submit the file a bit later since it’ll need to be cleaned up a bit and that’ll probably not be done in time.