Splash Screen for 2.80-beta, themed: "Support the dev fund"

Yes it’s full displacement

If i can contribute with a Blender spalsh screen, this entire year I’ve worked on an animation made entirely with Blender, and the last and best artwork made from it can be seen here

From now on, I’ll try moving the rendering to EEVEE for as much as possible.

Edit: As some pointed out it was made as a fan-made warhammer 40k artwork so i would have to switch the eagle icon and skelleton icon but other than that it’s my own design inspired from missing lore in the franshise so easily fixed.

10 Likes

I would not be able to create a decent scene, but personally if I were capable, I would make 2 seconds of loop animations of those moments that the vapors of the rocket emerge before the start with the label “Help us to jump in Space, support The Blender Development Fund”

thank you man~ Yes,that part I am still thinking, I am thinking I can change the logo or add some other unique picture on the chip in the middle~

good idea for the dev fund notification

1 Like

2 Likes

pretty sure a warhammer franchise rendering wouldnt work for obvious reasons

1 Like

Do we just post our images here? Do we need to include the logo in our submission or will you add that yourselves?

Yikes… Anyway… I want to ask if is possible to use old open movies characters as models for the splash screen?

Hey everyone, this has gone way off topic. The purpose of this topic is for artists to post splash screen proposals themed around the dev fund, not to have long discussions about art.

@Remington, you can post the images here. Including the logo is not required, but the image does have to match the dimension from the template above.

@daviddomingues, you can use characters from old open movies, but we do like something that looks new/fresh, which may be harder when using characters that Blender users have seen many times before.

10 Likes

One idea i had was to have a coin jar with 2.8 labelled on it or to have one of the donation badges be in the corner splash screen chosen to promote the fund.

I´ll just throw the idea here, instead of asking for a dev fund subscription, wich I don´t think it´s bad, but it may be too agressive, why not a splash that thanks the subscribers of the development fund and blender cloud for the contributions that made possible Blender 2.80?

A link to the dev fund can be included of course :slight_smile:

If I find a minute I will do some sketch, but the deadline is HERE! and I don´t have something good and proper, just wanted to contribute with an idea for the time being…

Cheers!

3 Likes

Had a quick look on my hard drive, how about one of these?

16 Likes

Here is my submission, it’s an Atom. :slight_smile:
The shaders on this image are powered by Eevee engine, 100% done on Blender 2.8.

Blend file:

10 Likes

Hi everyone,
After watching the Blender Development video I start thinking and imagining some possible splash-screens.
I drawed three different pics:

All these imagines are only sketches.
I decided to make two more clear, that are the second and third (the second should show the fusion of the parties to create blender & the third explain the importance of the BlenderFund)
Instead, the first is something different:
The tree is Blender, every year grow and this year the thing that makes it mainly grow is the CodeQuest
Now is autumn and the leaves fall down… but the Blender Community (symbolized from the Blender Istitute, on the left) catch them and mantain as experience.
This is about what I tried to represent

If somebody like and want to create with Blender these SplashScreen fell free to do everything

What do you think?
I hope you like
Francesco

P.S. I’m not English and I tried to write as best as I can, so if the

1 Like

I have the tree with Gimp painted, too

3 Likes

Support development, buy coffee for the developers!

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/1E4vo

I’ll also throw these in the ring as the .blends could be released as CC0, though the tie to development would have to be more abstract.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/aOgG9

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/3Q0Eg

15 Likes

A job created from me and the studio that I work, work create for FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations )

Create all in blender

3 Likes

The best answer is either showing the blender logo with nice animations, like motion design or change the splash screen every x days automatically with a image from highlighted renderings from the biggest blender forum. Or the latest cinema movie with blender.

1 Like

2 Likes