Performance - Speed up workflow- in Blender

My suggestion is absolutely advanced.

It’s okay to say that Photoshop’s way of setting the size of the brush is backward.

And this change did not change the preference, just removed unnecessary operations.

Don’t use simple logic to speculate. After actually doing it, you will know how convenient it is to use this change.

Hair from Curves

similar to HairNet Addon for Blender 2.79 HairNet

Example

1 Like

I think rigging in Blender is really terrible :cold_sweat:, it has to be put under consideration in 2.82, a newbie cannot even create a basic rig if he/she doesn’t know how to distinguish between the ‘parent’ and the ‘child’ bone, it’s really Bad and frustrating for Beginners and also professionals, that is why we have soo many bad character animation created using blender.

This is also the major reason they are not many courses and tutorials on rigging and animating characters, instead users prefare to just model or sculpt their character and their Artwork is finished. they do not ever talk about rigging them in Blender, not to mention animating because Rigging has to come before animating a character which is a Big challenge in Blender.

That is one of the major area lacking in Blender and Maya is really good at this that is why users prefer using Add-ons to simplify the rigging process or use Maya.

There is a way to filter them per workspace into Workspace tab of properties.

Can you be more explicit ?
Currently, you can rotate an edge without messing the form if it is dividing a a planar surface.
If you don’t want to modify an edge that is contributing to actual shape, how rotating it would not change the shape ? Does 3Dsmax create an invisible edge that is cut by rotated visible edge ?
Maybe using connect tool would be more satisfying in that case.

Extrude active tool has its own gizmo. That is not move tool gizmo.
But you can use a gizmo to extrude.

Crashes are not supposed to happen. Investigate, try to identify what causes the crash and post a bugreport.
Autosave is relative to a time period. 2 minutes by default. If crash happened at 1m 59 after last save, it is normal behavior to lost those 1m59.

Viewport Render can be done in Rendered display mode.
Rendered display mode is supposed to be satisfying for that.
You can disable overlays and obtain almost same result as in a render in Viewport.
There are settings for Viewport different than Render ones to simply render it faster.
But you can use same values for both.

It works for me.
In Keymap configuration, those shortcuts are under section Image > UV Editor > UV editor(Global).

When tail and head of bone are recognizable, direction of a bone chain becomes obvious.

For connected bones, using default octahedral display type is transparent about this distinction.
With another display type, enabling display of bones axis is sufficient to distinguish head and tail of a bone.
By default, relationship dashed line is visible for non connected bones.

There are selection tools to select parent or children of selection.
So, it is not complicated at all to identify a parent.
Do you have a proposal to make about a better distinction?

maybe you’d better see one of the many video tutorials on youtube …

2 Likes

hey this is not “User Feedback” is for!!! Please close this thread!

4 Likes

I would like to see a faster undo function for working in object mode with a large amount of objects and then a really nice remeshing software that can remesh along curve guides that are drawn where edge loops need to be and can remesh to the count of over a 100,000 polys at the same time to preserve more detail. As we all know UV’s generally must be done so that every seam is on an edge loop so that you get as much detail as possible and so it is correct. Zbrush has a good one and you can maintain enough detail to go from that, but it would be nice to see more detail preserved. It does keep fingers and toes, mouth holes and ear shapes, but just barely. And then of course it would always be nice to see everything working even faster in CentOS than it already does, even though aside from the undo function is is already great, it is always nice to see it even better.

The way that you have put the description feels like it’s place is in BlenderArtists not the Devtalk at least for discussions like this and there are many already there, and i believe new features request goes in RCS with mockups…etc to make them more clear and feasible to develop, but if the Devs are cool with it then sure why not.

2 Likes

I would also like to see a UV shell system that is like Maya’s so that you can see which shell you have selected on the mesh inside the UV editor that highlights when the shell is selected inside the UV editor.

This :slight_smile:

What you want actually existed for a while… lol

2019-09-17_05-34-57

Kinda cool, but it’s dead now… :wink:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

For 2.81 they are making better sculpting workflows.

As for Performance and Stability, YES PLEASE

wasn’t 2.81 supposed to have overrides, replacing proxies?
Anyone following the development more closely know when that’s planned?

@Antaioz: 2.81 will have library overrides. They have been activated about a week ago in the main branch, Both will coexist for a few of releases and then proxies will be replaced finally.

Some notes are here: https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Reference/Release_Notes/2.81/Library_Overrides

Ah, thanks.
I would’ve thought that’d be on the big list 2.81 stuff, but since it’s reasonably new maybe they’ll add it to the list later. Either way good to know.

sounds awesome but the one I’m super looking forward is to be able to render grease pencil lines in 360 panorama.
:weary:
keep on!:facepunch:t3:

My Proposals

1. Eliminate Tiling Link
  2. Pixel Depth Offset Link
  3. Quad Draw in Blender Link
  4. Tools Combined/Multi-Cut Link

A bunch of Addons for ideas Link

please someone close this spam monster

@Pipeliner
stop following this thread and solve all your problems. (bottom left of the screen)

2 Likes