GSoC 2019: Bevel Profiles Weekly Reports

I gotta repeat one more time that I’m impressed by the quality of your work, your attention to detail and the quality of your communication. Not to mention we all get to play with this great tool thanks to you. Mad props !

Hadrien

1 Like

Week 12

(Week 12 Daily Log)

Patch Submitted!

There are still some remaining tasks to do, but having the patch submitted and possibly starting the review process is a great first step in the merging process. I’ll add some pictures to that diff and update it as I fix the few remaining bugs.

Presets

Here is the selection of presets that I’ve added so far. I’ve asked for others ideas on the other thread, so if you have input head over here.

Profile Orientation Regularization Fixed!

I finally got this working! After so much frustration and a lot of time, I found all the errors I had made writing the new version, and eventually ported those changes back to the original version which I think is faster.

Bevel Modal Keymap

Added Z for custom profile and N for intersection method toggling. I find the bevel modal keymap overwhelming, but for people who use it frequently this should be helpful.

Miscellaneous Bugs and Smaller Features

• Even length sampling option
  • Small UI updates
  • Code and comments polish
  • Sampling bug fixed: extra samples are now assigned properly to the most curved edges

Next Week

Over the next five or six days I’m going to be totally off of the internet on a hiking trip. I’m hoping to have some feedback on the patch I posted when I get back. But I’ll have to finish up and submit my final report as soon as I get back too. This means that the merge into master will have to wait until after the official end of GSoC.

I may post again with my final report, and obviously I’ll continue updating people as I continue the project and development in the fall, but I want to thank everyone that’s participated in the project for the awesome amount of support. You all made this project from a cool intellectual challenge into a passion for me, it has been a great experience!

17 Likes

This looks very amazing!

1 Like

you can already use it, just load recent Blender 2.82Alpha, AFAIK it was in master from some days

1 Like

@Artturi Please check this thread out:

This thread can be closed because CSoC2019 is over, right?

I believe we thought it would be best if we left it open for now for reference. But eventually it may be taken down.