Call for Content: Workspaces

Hola, buenas tardes.

Esta es mi propuesta para el editor de vídeo…nada mas abrir el editor tenemos opciones,propiedades,línea y curva de tiempo …
Además la curva de tiempo puede ir alternándose con el explorador de archivos.Espero que les guste un saludo.

2 Likes

Here’s some that I’ve made.

3D MODELING

Has an added properties panel with the header hidden which always has the modifier stack tab selected. This gives easy access to the modifier stack during 3d modeling processes. Default view mode is workbench with random color assignment.

1 Like

SCULPTING

Sculpting workspace to keep object centered and provide quick brush access. Unsure if an outliner should be added to the top right? Modifier is selected by default due to how dynamesh / remesh / tessellation works in Blender. The default view style is Matcap.

1 Like

UV EDITING

Unsure about this one, but I wanted to make it so that material and texture are always available to the user. This one could probably use some work. This uses the material preview view mode by default, not eevee.

Hello, Is it possible to implement dual screens worspace? I know not every one got 2 screens but in 3D it’s pretty much standard.

Since it’s dual screen sorry if my screenshot is not 1920x1080

So here is my layout for animation:

CGI_Cinematic_Master - A clean work flow for 3D Animation. “My Game Developer Movie Workspace.”

Animation

1 Like

Here’s one for shading.

1 Like

Ok, of course, but still. Most of the time it is debugging environment. you make a func, you test it you check the output etc etc. Works for me the best. i use ctrl+space a lot in bpy console so it works the best. Copying parts of the code and running it seperately also works well in such layout. Maybe we just have different habits.
You are pointing out the modular system of python, and true in the end i split all my func for different scripts, but… in blender as a debbuging env, it works the best to have vertical layout. Btw., spagetti code can be done even as oneliner :P. I don’t find myself a good programmer, but i enjoy clean code, but this layout is perfect for debugging. :slight_smile:

Here’s one for sculpting. Looks like several of us had similar idea. One thing I added was texture for the brush.

1 Like

I see that currently Workspace tabs are sorting alphabetically(?) so when you add a new Workspace using the + button, where it shows up is dependent on the name. I was kind of expecting it to get added to the right hand end of the current set of tabs.

The only advantage I can see to this is that when you have multiple tabs for the same Workspace type (General, General.001) that they get grouped together. Otherwise it just feels weird.

What about:

1. New Workspace tabs created via the + menu get added on the right end.
  2. Allow drag-and-drop re-ordering of the tabs (if possible, or right-click move-left / move-right if not)
  3. Add a right-click option to the tabs to duplicate the current tab which would place it just to the right of the source tab. Maybe also right-click and New Workspace which would be just like the + but would place the new tab immediately to the right of the clicked one as well.

That’s basically the semantics of other current tabbed interfaces like the Chrome web browser.

Texture painting

Animation

Tweaked @zebus3d idea for scripting. I think the text editor needs full length.

1 Like

@AFWS I also like it, but remember to put the Outliner in Data API mode.
And there’s no need the tobpar in this workspace, you can collapse it.

COMPOSITING/COLOR GRADING WORKSPACE
Based on color grading/compositing concept of Davinci Resolve or Fusion
Used addon: Node Wrangler
Outliner is for managing View Layers (old name: Render Layers)
Camera preview for the 3D Viewport panel
Properties panel for setting up render settings (resolution, output…)
Image Editor set in Mask mode: for rotoscoping or color grade masking purpose - Has Mask T panel ON
Image Editor set to Rendered Result with Scopes T panel ON
Timeline in the middle of the screen for fast scrubbing
Compositing (old name: Node Editor) as work area with N panel ON - for coloring or labeling of nodes

5 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Proposal: Audio Waveform Display

Nice setup. Some notes:

• The outliner+properties are in the opposite side than most/the default workspace without any real gain, I would move them back to the right side for consistency
  • Info + Terminal closer together (for copy/pasting), and being in the middle is closer to the text editor

Something like:

Other tweaks I made:

• Collapsed topbar
  • Collapsed unneeded header of the Info Editor
  • Added View Layer outliner
8 Likes

This is already the planned design, being worked on by @julianeisel in the temp-tab_drag_drop branch.