Blender UI paper cuts

quoting that in ur comment would be good, if u r still shown edit option for this comment

Node check box whitespace acts as part of the button.
This area is easy to click on when moving the node and will toggle the state and cause redraws. Either this area should not act as a button or there should be a visual indication that the user is hovering over the button.

3 Likes

Seconded. There are several more inconsistencies in the layout engine, such as some checkboxes not having their text as part of the hitbox for toggling them (in overlays panel if my memory serves right).

Voxel size needs an Interactive Cursor Preview to change the value like Dyntopo Resolution.

V

2 Likes

I’m wasn’t sure where to post this… I’m trying to tweak a bit the panel tabs to get something more in line (at least for my taste) with the new 2.8x interface, basically getting rid of the border highlight, and adding a shadow below, linked to the widget emboss color and alpha.

This would be before and after with some different themes:

2 Likes

So I have this one papercut

Please help

2019-10-08-10-01-16-(1)

4 Likes

@a.monti I know it’s something not related to aesthetics, but more functional …
do you think it’s something complicated to make tabs draggable?
… such as the workspaces tab, or the buttons of property-tabs.
When many addons are added and a long line of tabs is formed, blender currently compresses them, and at a certain point we don’t understand anything anymore …

3 Likes

When will be the additive selection of the material slots finally fixed?
The amount of user errors caused by the fact that Select button adds to selection instead of performing selection is extreme.

In even more confusing manner, the button is called “Select” instead of “Add to selection”.

Ideally, selection of faces by material slot should be as simple as double clicking the material slot thumbnail (not the name field, which should continue to trigger rename) and extending the selection should be as simple as holding shift while double clicking the material thumbnail in the slot list.

1 Like

What you probably want is to use this operator instead:
(I have it assigned to H key)

The calculate mass menu is a bit long …

2 Likes

If you mean “re-order” them then it’d be definitely beyond my C knowledge.

If you instead mean to scroll between tabs while keeping the mouse button pressed I’m not sure, I can try to look at the properties code and see if I understand how it works.

But would that really help? You can already scroll through the tabs with the scroll wheel.

Maybe it could be useful if the tabs didn’t get compressed, so that with the scroll wheel you would move the panel and see the ones hidden below or above, and with ctrl+wheel or click+drag you would cycle between them.

Not a big deal but definitely a quirk:

You can animate a camera’s mm focal length, but not its field of view - even though they are just different units for the same thing.

5 Likes

I simply mean this:

but obviously for the vertical addon tabs …

1 Like

I apologise if this was mentioned by anyone else, but the thread’s 3153 posts long :grimacing:

Viewport Images/Image Empties currently function in an inconsistent way to all other object types.

You edit them in object mode, where… (god forbid Ton finds out:) they have selection highlighting and you can accidentally edit them. When you do this, it’s not written to the undo stack, and pressing undo actually undoes the last other thing you did.
So if you add an image, scale it, move it, undo will actually undo the adding of the image

1 Like

the file save dialogue always reverts back to .png. Incredibly annoying when you’re rendering out several versions, as you have to change it back to jpg every time and then move the slider back to 100% quality.

Would be great if the file save dialogue could keep the last used settings.

What makes little sense is that you don’t gain any benefit from having all sockets visible in a collapsed node. You can’t read what the sockets are. There are no tool tips for any socket. You’re just saving a third of the space by having something like the Principled node collapsed and since the collapsed node is elliptical in shape when collapsed, you can’t easily organize stuff around it.

When changing tool in the image editor, the tool bar of the properties editor is not updated:

It seems that the tool selected in the viewport has priority.

Only the viewport tool is showed in properties editor.

The add cylinder panel have the “vertices” parameter instead of “sides”

1 Like

PLEASE get rid of superfluous UI animations. What a waste!

2 Likes