Blender UI paper cuts

That icon doesn’t read “new collection” at all, especially because it’s placed right next to the filter button instead of to the left of the search field where it would be more aligned with the other “add” buttons…

Also, why does collections need to have a dedicated “add” button i the outliner, since nothing else has it. You should be able to add a collection from the 3D view menu, I think, but also, you can already add it by right-clicking…

…wait, have I posted about this already? I get blind rage from looking at the outliner most of the time, so I really don’t know. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

the “only insert avaliable” for autokeying deselects the channels in the graph editor each time you make a transformation, not sure why since both dopesheet/timeline editors don’t get affected… this beahvior is annoying and not expected if u want to autokey only certain channels ,maybe the option is bugged?.
curve

1 Like

When “edit driver”, we need to check many properties, (other object, or other rig bone rotation etc), and copy, paste RNA data-path. may set math expression,. But this " pop up new editor window" will close immediately when I move pointer out of this editor window. So I hope, it can “pin” and keep open,untill I finish editting driver, or this small enhancementl is not flexible. (may better just use “driver editor” )

I think, developer may not call it bug , then I request it as UI suggestion.

13 Likes

Deleting collections in the outliner with the X key doesn’t bring up a confirmation menu, this seems inconsistent.

Why the Dimensions parameter is only in the N-panel and is missing in the Transformation tab in the object properties? Also the Rotation Mode needs to be swapped with the Scale in the N-panel.

19 Likes

Rotation mode concerns rotation, not scale, so I suggest it be moved up in the properties instead.

2 Likes

What about local view?
Also separate windows (Window -> New Main Window) can display separate view layers. Not quite as good as having separate view layers visible in separate viewports within the same window, but it’s something.

I wish the click and drag behavior for moving vertices with the select tool had a modifier for inflate along normal (like alt-s) and slide along surface.

And I see almost same problem about new “F9” pop up “re-do” menu.
If developer do not plan to change current “re-do” menu which stick to the leftt- bottom side (open and close free), I may use new “F9”, Because I can move it free.

But at current new F9 “redo” easy disappear, when I hope to stay.
I do not think “auto hide” is good for these tools. “auto hide” may only work well for one click (check on off) options, or just input one values as fix value. it is not good for the tool which user may use frequently, or check values often.

I hope F9 menu stay there when I “pin” it. but just close, then change tool " labell" as " re-do"
And it will change labell as context (move or extrude or rotate etc) when user open it. if user hope to menu disappear , just press F9 again. then it will be disappear from 3d view.

More frankly said, we actually need not return “F9”, but just need “pin” and “move”, with options which can perfectly “disappear” about Current “left-bottom sticking Re-do tool”.

Maybe instead of Auto Smooth, something like “Enable Custom Normals” would work better. Ideally that setting would just be removed since a lot of stuff kind of fails silently if it’s not on. I’m assuming there must be a technical reason for it, though.

6 Likes

So I’ve been drawing with Pencil, as usual starting from large things and adding finer and finer detail. And then I hit a wall because the minimum brush size is one pixel.

This is vector art. There are no pixels.
Moreover, this value is unaffected by the pixel size of the actual render resolution, camera distance, etc. It’s not in screen space either, it’s in world space.

This “pixel” doesn’t actually mean anything, it’s just an arbitrary small value.

To fix this and continue drawing, you have to go back to object mode, scale the Grease Pencil object down, enter edit mode, scale all the vertices back up, and then you have to manually fix stroke width, because scaling doesn’t take it into account.

There are two things to fix here:

1. Please use Blender worldspace units for brush size. Or at least allow float values for size instead of integers only. Using pixels here is a confusing and inaccurate misnomer.

2. Fix the edit mode scale operator to also scale stroke width, not just vertex positions.

This should be a feature of all popovers.

I use emulate 3button mouse, so i can’t click and set multiple objects to wire or solid, i suggest if we enable emulate 3button mouse it should work for 3d viewport only. is there any way to change Alt (shortcut) click functionality outside the 3dviewport.

2 Likes

How do you disable the header highlighting / changing color whenever you mouse over to different areas? Tried searching around and playing with the theme setting colors but no luck. Closest I can get is to make it solid black or white, but I’d rather not have such a high contrast

3 Likes

Not sure what happened, but it seems like this new “local” topbar lost some height/top padding, and some of the tools icons don’t fit well anymore. Some of them are reaching the top edge, while others are being cropped etc…

2 Likes

I think it’s hardcoded you can’t change it. I wish there would be an option too because i don’t see the benefit and with the new topbar it looks even worse.

19 Likes

I hate you zebus, I was making a proposal with that idea!!! :rofl:

well, in my mind I was thinking in a shift+click to add a transform mode. and normal click to select one

2 Likes

Your proposals are welcome, don’t be shy, put your proposal too.

I love how that seems really familiar

6 Likes