Blender UI paper cuts

Why is there still no new quit prompt in Windows?

qb

3 Likes

Windows prompt soon. Pablo mentioned this a stream or two back.

2 Likes

Some questions on outliner

Please make the selection of objects through LMB + Shift

Maya:
maya_g

Blender:
blender_g

Why is the selection in the outliner and the 3D viewport works in different ways? They should work synchronously

Why is it impossible to delete an object in the outliner using the Delete button?

30 Likes

I think all of those points are already being considered
https://developer.blender.org/T58969

Hope the Outliner improvements make it to 2.8, T58969 is not assigned to anyone.

Papercut: The order of the workspace tabs canā€™t be rearranged, apart from pushing them to the end or the start.

5 Likes

File Browser: drag files by names not only by their icons

I donā€™t know if this is an issue for someone else, but personally, I find terrible annoying that when displaying the files as Short List or Long List, you canā€™t click and drag the file (in Sequencer, for example) by grabbing the filename. You have to carefully place the mouse cursor only on its icon to be able to drag it. While in Thumbnails mode this is not such a big issue, it becomes cumbersome in the other two modes. And, on the other hand, this way of working is not quite how the rest of file browser applications work and which optimized the file handling.

3 Likes

This scroll menu in UV Editor (or image editor)
If you have 100 textures, you canā€™t find the right one.
There could be some sorting. For example by material on selected object. You donā€™t need to edit UVs with texture, which isnā€™t used on an object.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s why the search bar is there. If you name your textures and keep them organized in folders finding them shouldnā€™t be a problem.

Hiding overlays is made for viewing your working scene without construction lines and indicators. I donā€™t think the ā€œNavigateā€ button belongs there, even though it does belong under ā€œGizmoā€. if youā€™re working on a tablet and want to hide overlays you are forced to use a mouse for navigation.

Remembering names of 100 textures is not convenient and is not efficient enough.
Blender has to sort things more automatically.

1 Like

Hello, i didnā€™t read all the thread, so iā€™m sorry if my anwser is already here.

I would like to know if the issue of the toolbar that work fine for screen of 800*600 but above 1080 itā€™s like really strange to know what information belong where.

Here is a screenshoot of an usual setup :

Some toolbar features are above the outliner, and itā€™s always hard to find how many faces i select.

3 Likes

Also, it would be greate to have options in user preferences to avoid having vertical menus glued to each other like here for example

An option to change the side of the menu N

1 Like

You can. Just right click and flip the Properties tabs

1 Like

yes for the properties tab, but not everything else (if you like to have everything in left, it would be cool to have an option for that, beceause right now, some are left like properties and some are not like everything else) and an option for everything else in the user preference would be usefull.

3 Likes

Not really a paper cut, but the CTRL+B shortcut for binding a marker to a camera doesnā€™t work in the timeline window.

1 Like

It works, here.
Without marker in timeline, Ctrl B is creating a marker bound to selected Object at current frame.
When marker corresponds to current frame, Ctrl B binds it to selected Object (that is supposed to be a Camera) and marker icon is changed to a camera icon and Camera name is replacing Marker name in Timeline.

Maybe, it is a little bit too much. Maybe camera name should be an option in View menu of Timeline and not the only option in that case.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a new papercut for 2.8, Titling and spacial inconsistencies in the popovers:

Title at the top, double space.

Title at the top, double space.
2019-04-15%2021_05_03-Window
Title at the top, single space.
2019-04-15%2021_05_07-Window
Title at the top, space and a half?.
2019-04-15%2021_05_13-Window
Title at the bottom, greyed out and separator.
2019-04-15%2021_05_16-Window
No title.
2019-04-15%2021_05_19-Window
No title.
2019-04-15%2021_05_23-Window
No title.
2019-04-15%2021_05_38-Window

13 Likes

There used to be the option with f5 to move the properties panel and the tools panel to the other side. ( N and p key in the viewport)
I know its not a real solution but maybe somethi g that works for you.