Blender UI paper cuts

Or maybe autoexpand.

Ye, maybe as an option.

Cold be more cimplicated when it comes to convoluted production rigs or scene layouts. If a parent has 1000 child objects with complex relationships I’d rather not scroll through all of them.

Many times I’d just need to know where it is, a simple option to change that highlight color, or highlight the parent object with a different color, indicating that the selection is below the hierarchy. Similar to maya for example.

I’ve sortof gotten used to it, but if Blender is introduced as a new tool in a studio pipeline I can see people getting frustrated with not immediately being able to spot their selected objects in the outliner.

2 Likes

What happened with editmode cursor?
In 2.83.13, it is difficult to determine the current mode, focusing on the model rather than the interface.

Selection

10 Likes

Return the “large cursor” to where it was rest, Please!.
Bad experiment!

Currently the rotation for world space lighting in solid mode and the HDRI-Rotation use the same value. This means, if you adjust the rotation on the shading in solid mode, it will also rotate the HDRI you use in Lookdev Mode or Rendered mode. This does not make sense, since the lighting in solid mode and Lookdev/Rendered are completely unrelated.

BL

2 Likes

You can talk about that in new icons thread because it appear that we don’t understand our position

1 Like

Picking colors from a palette doesn’t update the color slot located in the 3D viewport’s Header.
Notice how it updates only when I click my mouse cursor in the 3D view.

3 Likes

The File browser doesn’t remember the size and the position unless a file is saved, it would be better if it can be done when saving the preferences or with the startup file for the default templates.

Hello everybody!
It’d be nice having the possibility in Themes to change the colors for the UV stretching overlays

Mocup below (considering that we are talking about a range of colors, I thought the options could be the lowest and the highest).

4 Likes

I think a color ramp option would make more sense.

2 Likes

Hey! I thought about that and it wouldn’t be a problem for me, I simply choose that option to keep consistency with the rest of the Themes. If you see the gradient option for the 3D view background, also there you can change only the lowest and highest.

Either we keep this option or we add a gradient ramp also to the 3D view background

1 Like

I noticed in the 2.9 that polygon count information is gone by default:

bild

I hope it’s not hidden now, because it’s vital information for new users. Where has this moved to?

bild

I don’t see it in the dreaded hidden N menu (which is usually at least a common place for information).

2 Likes

https://developer.blender.org/rBfd10ac9acaa0788ef5e73677a97e5cff27978d0c

Thanks, for the info!

But they did that and you still can’t get a poly count on the current selection? :frowning:

And one of my earlier papercuts has been made worse from that change:

• The local view is still near invisible (only a small “(local)” text in the corner).
  • Those optional statistics are bright white, something a user might want to darken to not stand out as much…
  • …but if you do that, the already difficult to spot local text will get even harder to see.

^This x1000

I kinda feel like cube should be 1m instead of 2m, that would immediately fix a lot of scale issues
Every single person can intuitively measure one meter, but two is a lot more abstract

And yeah, the area scales are silly long, Its not a problem until you have 30 cameras and 50 lights in one crammed scene. These changes are small but they would hugely increase speed and accuracy, specially inside busy scenes

1 Like

I bet there’s some technical explanation those working behind the scenes understand, but to a new user, it’s very weird that in a particle system, an object’s scale corresponds to a particle scale of 0.25 and an object’s Y+ axis corresponds to a particle’s global Z axis…

2 Likes

Vertex, Segment and Curve selection toggle buttons and shortcuts should be available for curves:

bild

EDIT: It’s also super annoying to try to edit straight lines in curve mode, because you always end up selecting control points of handles buried under the vertices instead, so maybe those should have a toggle button as well (slightly separate)…

EDIT 2: Since rotation along a control point’s normal seemingly doesn’t do anything, couldn’t it instead be used to access the tilt feature? Seems natural to me (I had to search for how to twist the bevel since I did not associate it with the word “tilt”).

tilt

9 Likes

@Harleya Yo, how about move the status bar’s “stats” text: image a little bit to the right, so it’s more aligned with rest of the stuff?

Maybe it’s just me, but it kinda feels out of place in it’s current position… :confused:

Mem and version

7 Likes

it’s not just you. it looks like that text was abandoned in the middle of nowhere :rofl:

I can get that text slightly more to the right, but not quite as close as you show. This is how it has looked on my own machine for a couple days…

HarleyStatusbar

2 Likes