Blender UI paper cuts

For new users , It’s clear. I didn’t have use 2.79.

Human eyes can’t see object.

Show/Hide modifier in Viewport = Monitor icon

Try to put it on RCS. This is good idea

Done

4 Likes

The black on…lighter-black is litteraly head ache inducing. Where as 2.78 is change-able to bright and colorful. Right now I have to guess what does what

The 3D cursor or something related to it makes it so as simply clicking on a object or placing stuff is a mess. For example yesterday while working on something I needed to trace part of a picture I had put in as a refrence. First the line to make a simple trace doesn’t stand out because those are black and right now the grid for the bottom is…also grey. That made it total guess work to where the drawing line (bazie in this case) was in part because the 3d cursor, placing things and all that related stuff makes no sense.
Compare that to tinkercad or 3ds max (for example) and they stand out much better with collorfull cheerful highlights that are easy to see.

Are you talking about themes?
:point_right: https://devtalk.blender.org/t/call-for-content-themes/3174

Lastly it’s way to easy for what ever you make to get lost. is their an reason their a reason the grid you get when first starting a new project isn’t “bottom” and hard so as you don’t accidentally loose things and also give it a beep sound when to try to go under it?

On top of that: AutoCad does one thing pretty well tinkercad (for example again) their’s a nice cube in the corner it says top botom right left etc. like this would make it a lot less of a learning curve and more fun to work with blender image

2 Likes

Speaking of statusbar info, when you use a tool we still have some inconsistency there.
While for inset operator info is placed at topbar

for bevel operator for example is placed at the bottom

More than that, when one uses loop cut and slide operator, the info is placed at bottom till number of cuts is set but then sliding edges mode pops in and operator info jumps to the top.

It’s extremely annoying when user eyes are forced to jump all over the screen every time.

9 Likes

this menu shouldn’t be called “Node”, it should be “Edit” or Modify" and “Add” is the one who should be “Node”,“Create” or whatever.
ND

That^ Adobe photoshop has a setting for colorfullness. I don’t like adobe’s black on black nonsense either. It can be changed from a light black on a dark matte black by way of a setting that says light or dark theming
Either way a light grey on a flat black background ground brown text doesn’t make sense.

You can change themes in preferences:

I think there will be more themes added before the final release.

2 Likes

Other option could be

23 Likes

Compared to the horizontal version, vertical version advantages may be that there is more space available for many more items and it is clearer to understand due to the clear separation between items. As a disadvantage, it occupies a lot of vertical space in viewport and it can be intrusive with elements of your scene.
Just mentioning this, I do not have a position taken on which version I prefer.

3 Likes

I have the same problem, I preffer horizontal version, but its true that for new users the vertical layout is better.

can we get this this function but with cylinders and circles so as to be able to see radius and diameter for the working object as though it was a square.
it would help allot for people like me in the 3d printing world mixing cad and blender.

also i noticed a small problem using scale and the keypad.
in object mode if i scale a square and press left keypad it scales up in tiny increments and if i press downkey it scales down
if i scale a cylinder they both scale down but in different amounts of increments.
seems a bit odd
im unsure as to why left isnt used to scale down and right to scale up and up down keys used for larger increments.

these tooltips should be expanded to indicate different edititing modes like Automerging, X mirror, Proportional editing when this options are turned on. The text should be centered on top.

As for the other tooltips, Horizontal display , all the way

as long as i could eventually see the diameter of a circle or cylinder im happy with that.

the horizontal is much better and with bold text i think we can even reduce the size of it which makes it less intrusive.

1 Like

In reality actual layout have a lot of inconsistency, you can reduce a fe the space only with it.

• In some controls the hotkey are inside brackets, in others not
  • In some controls Hotkeys go after colon in others not
  • Numeric Values are without brackets, boolean values are inside brackets.
1 Like

About the operation info:
Anyone thought about placing it in the lower-left? It wouldn’t block the header, and it makes sense because the ‘modify last operation’ window also appears there. :slightly_smiling_face: