As mentioned in this blog post, we are looking for artists module members to join the Rendering module.
In practice this means you would do one or more of these things:
- Join the weekly rendering meetings if possible, or read the notes. We’ll start putting tasks that artists can help with in the meeting notes.
- Follow this forum and get involved in topics, helping communicate what’s going on in development and answering questions.
- Test new features when they are submitted for code review on developer.blender.org, and get involved in design tasks. You’d join the Render & Cycles and/or Eevee & Viewport project on developer.blender.org as a member and receive email notifications whenever tasks or code reviews tagged with the project are created or updated. And then you can give feedback, suggest improvements to the functionality or UI/UX, etc.
- Create or gather demo .blend files for new features, to help test the feature and to show in release notes, demo videos, Blender Today, etc.
- Help write release notes on wiki.blender.org when features are committed. Developers will write a basic text explaining the changes, artists can add images and expand the text, to present the feature well.
- Improve the Render section of the manual, and help document new features there.