The meeting will be open for everybody interested to join on Google Meet (link below).
People present are referred to by first name for brevity. Others are referred to by full name.
- Google Meet
- A&R Module Meetings agenda for inclusion in your own calendar
- Previous and next meeting notes
- #animation-module chat channel
- New faces:
- Amélie, works at 2D anim animation studio. Engineer, wants to work on dope sheet, has done Blender add-ons. lfs.coop / blender / gp-color-picker · GitLab
- Dalai Felinto added two TODOs:
- D14015: T95386: Add Discontinuity (Euler) filter to Dope Sheet., will be in Blender 3.2.
- T97372: NLA Sidebar tab doesn’t refresh on keyframe creation and there is no UI change to indicate action selection in the track list, resolved by Nate Rupis (61e8310b7581), will be in Blender 3.3.
- D14868: Fix T97529: NLA track option buttons can be interacted with when hidden, by Colin Basnett, will be in Blender 3.3
- Sybren put T94370: New Icons: Global Menus & Animation Editors on the UI module radar again.
T97980: N-panel visible by default in Animation editors
- Nate working on it.
D14658: Changes to the actions performed by the ‘Start’ and ‘End’ fields of a NLA strip in the NLA editor
- Under review by Sybren.
- Decision made to have the existing RNA/Python properties to get less side-effects so that setting the property will just set the property, and not influence other properties.
- Extra properties with a
_uisuffix will get more user-friendly “smartness”.
- This separation makes compatibility with Library Overrides easier.
T76305: Mark vertices of the active vgroup
- Is more like a proposal, needs decision from module.
- Still open question: does membership of the vertex group matter, or the weight being non-zero?
- The problem it solves is not a big problem for the meeting members.
- Module agrees it’s a nice improvement.
- Daniel: Could be interesting to have this as an overlay available in other modes as well.
- Sybren: agrees, could be a natural place to have some options for this as well, if necessary.
T97477: Dope Sheet standard mode does not show Grease Pencil keyframes
- Module confirms it’s nice to have the GP animation in the dopesheet.
T91827: Parent mode for Location Transform Orientation
- Needs more detail? Maybe? Or just an update of the task description?
- Brad has working-ish code.
- There is still confusion between “parent space” and “local space”, as these terms mathematically mean the same in general.
- Jason and others: a transformation/widget mode that aligns with the local channels (transform/rotate/scale), such that dragging a widget only alters a single channel, is still very much desired.
D14881: Setting default enum option to WT_VGROUP_BONE_DEFORM, and falling back to All Groups if no armature is found
- Nate will split up the patch so that it contains one “thing” per patch.
- Overall idea is approved.
T91133: Graph Editor menu item Key → Clean Channels and Key → Clean Keyframes have the same descriptive text
- Someone needs to go through the code of the Clean Channels and Clean Keyframes operators and write some clear, unambiguous documentation on what they do exactly. We can then use that as a basis for new descriptions.
The next meeting will be on Thursday 9 June, 18:00-19 CEST (Your local time: 2022-06-09T16:00:00Z), which is 4 weeks from this meeting; in 2 weeks there is a national holiday. Again it will be open for everybody who’s interested. The provisionary meeting agenda will be linked in the #animation-module channel before the meeting.