The meeting will be open for everybody interested to join on Google Meet (link below).
People present are referred to by first name for brevity. Others are referred to by full name.
- Google Meet
- A&R Module Meetings agenda for inclusion in your own calendar
- Previous meeting notes
- #animation-module chat channel
- Nathaniel Rupsis: 26, started Blender at 13, had internship at CGCookie for a year before college. Interested in animation & development. Wants to help out with development & teaching how to contribute. “Open Source is awesome.”
T81836: Design: New Graph Editor Key Manipulation Operators
- Christoph Lendenfeld’s actual job is taking up too much time, so he’s stepping down from this work for the time being.
- NLA work by Brad Clark and Wayde Moss
- Ongoing work.
- Colin Basnett found lots of smaller bugs & working on fixing them.
- Sybren reviewed D8808: Armature Animation Baking: Important performance patch
- T97372: NLA Sidebar tab doesn’t refresh on keyframe creation and there is no UI change to indicate action selection in the track list is high priority for usability of the NLA.
- D14658: Changes to the actions performed by the ‘Start’ and ‘End’ fields of a NLA strip in the NLA editor is work in progress.
- D14015: T95386: Add Discontinuity (Euler) filter to Dope Sheet. was approved conceptually. Just needs code review.
- Making the N-panel visible by default in the animation editors.
- Sybren will make a task for this.
- D8808: Armature Animation Baking: Important performance patch
D14719: Key the Current Influence Value of the Strip when Pushing Down the First NLA Track
- Robbert Sunny worked with Brad on this.
- Sybren will do a final review and (very likely) land it for Blender 3.2.
D14646: Added Custom Properties panel for Actions in the dopesheet editor
- Also ready for reviewing, module members are enthousiastic about the feature.
- Needs help from UI team, but they don’t respond.
- Kevin comes from Google UX & Samsung UX, is a pro in this.
- Design task should be approved, then Kevin can make them pixel-perfect.
Kevin: ‘Copy Global Transforms’ needs to move from add-on to the core application.
- Brad: feature request, a filter for only copying one or two of translate/rotate/scale.
- Brad: could be a nice addition to allow it to influence multiple objects at a time.
Marc: T76023: Sidebar changes is still an issue, especially when many add-ons are enabled.
- Kevin agrees this is an issue.
The next meeting will be on Thursday 12 May, 18:00-19 CEST (Your local time: 2022-05-12T16:00:00Z). Again it will be open for everybody who’s interested. The provisionary meeting agenda will be linked in the #animation-module channel before the meeting.