2022-03-03 Animation & Rigging module meeting

The meeting will be open for everybody interested to join on Google Meet (link below).

People present are referred to by first name for brevity. Others are referred to by full name.

Present: Bassam Kurdali, Brad Clark, Christoph Lendenfeld, Lukas Tönne, Marc, Marion Fisher, Robert Sunny, Sohaib Arshid, Sybren Stüvel

Links

Since the Last Meeting / Announcements

• Brad Clark recruiting programmers on Twitter
  • New faces, most came due to Brad inviting them:
    • Shoaib, SW engineer, MSc, from Pakistan working in Munich. Wants to work in animation industry as sw eng.
    • Samuel / Sam. in Philadelphia, USA, background in TV production & developemnt. Wants to learn more about sw dev in animation.
    • Robert, from Indonesia, working 3-4 years, primarily in Maya. Bit of experience in C/C++, most in Python, some webdev.
    • Marion, from Germany, met Brad IRL last year at AnimEx. Worked on technical rigging & animation in games for 10 years.
    • Lukas, from Germany, living in Dublin. Long-term contributor to Blender.

Short-term goals

Patch Review & Decision Time

Demo by Bassam

Bassam Kurdali planned a demo an animation addon that he’s been working on. Due to time constraints it was moved to the next meeting.

Help Needed

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be on Thursday 17 March, 18:00 CET/Amsterdam time. Again it will be open for everybody who’s interested. The provisionary meeting agenda will be linked in the #animation-module channel before the meeting.

1 Like

No, not integrate. Jon Matthis just gave a demo recently (see 2022-01-06 Animation & Rigging Module Meeting).

Hello, :slight_smile:
Gonna ask the same question as was asked last week.
As well as what are the plans for Animation 2022 (in more detail the the blog post if you may)?

I am not a blender developer. I am only striving for this so far, and not in the field of animation (perhaps I will improve the functionality there later). but I know a lot about the plans of the developers. I constantly read the blog (and comments on it, including), blender.developers, devtalk

So what are the plans?

Any actual concrete plans are shared on https://developer.blender.org/project/profile/5/