The meeting will be open for everybody interested to join on Google Meet (link below).
People present are referred to by first name for brevity. Others are referred to by full name.
- Google Meet
- A&R Module Meetings agenda for inclusion in your own calendar
- Previous and next meeting notes
- #animation-module chat channel
- Brad Clark recruiting programmers on Twitter
- New faces, most came due to Brad inviting them:
- Shoaib, SW engineer, MSc, from Pakistan working in Munich. Wants to work in animation industry as sw eng.
- Samuel / Sam. in Philadelphia, USA, background in TV production & developemnt. Wants to learn more about sw dev in animation.
- Robert, from Indonesia, working 3-4 years, primarily in Maya. Bit of experience in C/C++, most in Python, some webdev.
- Marion, from Germany, met Brad IRL last year at AnimEx. Worked on technical rigging & animation in games for 10 years.
- Lukas, from Germany, living in Dublin. Long-term contributor to Blender.
T93047: Use other frame range for new motion paths instead of 1-250
- Landed in master (release notes).
T44415: Shape keys get out of sync with Basis shape (when using UNDO in basis modification or manipulating basis via python)?
- Fix landed in master (bfdbc78466ac).
T81836: Design: New Graph Editor Key Manipulation Operators
- Ongoing work by Christoph Lendenfeld.
T95001: Parent behaviour: Parent to Object without Inverse needs an option to keep transform
- Up for grabs.
D14230: NLA: Remove Hold resetting between Hold_Forward Behavior
- Module approves of the approach.
D12637: Fix T91299: “Repeat” property of NLA strips not updating when split
- Exposes important design limitations of Blender.
- After splitting, it creates three clips instead of two.
- Good starting point, but not acceptable as-is.
- Needs redesign of how looping of strips works, Brad is working on a better design.
Bassam Kurdali planned a demo an animation addon that he’s been working on. Due to time constraints it was moved to the next meeting.
- Help needed to create some spiffy graphics / videos for the Blender 3.1 release notes.
The next meeting will be on Thursday 17 March, 18:00 CET/Amsterdam time. Again it will be open for everybody who’s interested. The provisionary meeting agenda will be linked in the #animation-module channel before the meeting.