2022-01-06 Animation & Rigging Module Meeting

The meeting will be open for everybody interested to join on Google Meet (link below).

People present are referred to by first name for brevity. Others are referred to by full name.

Present: Aaron Cherian, Beorn Leonard, Christoph Lendenfeld, Colin Marmond, Daniel Salazar, Demeter Dzadik, Jackie A., Jason Schleifer, Jon Matthis, Julien Duroure, Orestis Konstantinidis, Raj, Scott Wilson, Sybren Stüvel, Trenton Wirth

Links

Since the Last Meeting / Announcements

• New faces:
    • Jackie A, part of John’s lab, building integrations with various motion capture solutions.
    • Trenton Wirth, PhD, colleage of Jon. working on how people move through crowds.
    • Raj, learning Blender since 2-3 years, simply curious.
  • Kevin is leaving the module. He intends to finish Equalize Handles operator patch. Icons design can maybe be taken over by someone.

Short-term goals

Patch Review & Decision Time

Brad Clark spent time analyzing the open NLA patches. Unfortunately he wasn’t present in the meeting, so the next meeting we’ll cover those.

Demo by Jon Matthis

Free Mocap project, aimed at making motion capture available with simple (€20) webcams.

Follow the project on Twitter and GitHub

Jon made the presentation available on Dropbox.

Demo by Jason Schleifer

Pose Library demo & feedback.

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be on Thursday 20 January, 18:00 CET/Amsterdam time. Again it will be open for everybody who’s interested. The provisionary meeting agenda will be linked in the #animation-module channel before the meeting.

12 Likes

Did Jason give a demo or was he giving feedback on a demo?
Is there recording of the meeting? I’d like to watch it if possible.

3 Likes

He was giving a demo and getting feedback from the people at the meeting.

The meetings are not recorded. I think it’s important for everybody present to say or show whatever they want to say/show, without having to worry about their words later being reinterpreted in different contexts.

9 Likes

Hi, I’ve simplified the code changes done in D12300: NLA: shortcut to rename active strip, and made it no longer depend on another differential. I hope that this makes review easier :slight_smile: