Suggestion for English terms to be universally accessible in non-English UI

I have a suggestion connected with the UIs in languages other than English. Most non-English speakers here will probably share my experience. I like to have the programs in my language; but this creates a problem when I need to reach out to documentation and the community, where I still need to know and use the English terminology. As universal translation is not (yet) an option, I would suggest to adopt a slightly more elaborated approach to localization: to redesign the UI so that all original terms remain universally accessible.

How?

By using this well known functionality:

imatge

The tiny splash messages that are made to emerge by hovering the mouse over menu items could contain by default the English original of each and every menu item (e.g. in a specific color, setting it appart from he messages or explanations that are currently used in these contexts.

The downside of this proposal is: I can help with the concept; but I am not a programmer, so I could not do it my self even if the proposal was accepted.

Best,

Joan

Ideas without a developer attached to it have to be classified as a feature request, the best place for those as outlined in the blue bar above every page is

For feature requests, please use rightclickselect.com.

1 Like