Splash Screen for 2.80-beta, themed: "Support the dev fund"

We’re done! Two Days of co-working and this is the result. Hope you like it.

11 Likes

Here goes!
And here is the Blend file with CC0:

23 Likes

…and then if you click “Learn more!” this shows up:

And by clicking on “Learn even more and join it here!” you will go to the Development Fund web page.

1 Like

Resized image :smiley: hope you like it

12 Likes

you will probably have a call from nintendo if that image goes into the splash screen ^- ^

1 Like

On the topic of the splash screen, would it be possible for Blender to open with a splash screen instead of the empty console window? At least Blender opens marvelously fast, but it would be a nice touch to have a splash screen that actually does what a splash screen does, and what is expected from all other software. Also, console screens can be scary to new, unfamiliar users.

9 Likes

With mantaflow, particles anew…just thought of this…

11 Likes

I know, i’m too late.

4 Likes

why?..…………………ghfghfgh

Majora’s mask is more that probable already copyrighted
(For the ones that didn’t recognize the brand https://www.zelda.com/majoras-mask/ )
Honestly the image looks really nice to be a splash screen but i don’t think that could be used, at least without a written permission or something.

A couple chairs maybe…

8 Likes

Another one.

2 Likes

here’s the finished art ! it could be nicer but if i keep pushing my i3 3340 , it will jump of the computer,slap me in the face and go away.
thank you devs for all the optimizations.

16 Likes

I’m really curious about the result right now … there are a lot of great submissions and although I’m probably a bit biased I can’t really tell, what I’d personally vote for.
Since there are still a few incoming submissions I might update mine a bit to fix some compositing issues I haven’t addressed yet, because the deadline was over … I’ll probably just going to replace the image in this post with the updated version…

I had a go at finishing my idea for a splash screen. I thought it might be interesting to do something in a NPR style as that’s something, that greatly improved with Eeevee. Here’s the result:

8 Likes

We don´t look like other software.
Immediate access to workspaces by preset for beginners
“Let’s create” dismiss splash screen button.

24 Likes

This looks quite good, but is also outside the scope if the splash image itself. Not too different from ⚓ T56510 Blender 2.8 Splash Screen Design.

(btw, funny you changed the version number to 3 :slight_smile: )

1 Like

To the public: that post isn´t visible. It is somehow hidden. I went to check there first to see if I was duplicating content. SinceI didn´t find it, and this thread was fitting, I thought of re-posting it.
Splash screen captures user attention as first impression.
Like going to a wedding with sandals. :smiley:

17 Likes

well played! still, the connection to the Dev Fund is missing

1 Like