Small issues that are pain in Blender from years

The reason that director suggest me move from Blender to Rhino time ago is that:

1. Rhino is more parametric, depend starting modeling something like box
    Add Object (primitive) by dimensions with semicolon (x ; y; z) as D:[1.00; 2.0; 3.0]
    Precision for gizmo by distance from center and pivot (multiplier and magnet)
    Give information for axes if rotation
    Grid and Axes X, Y, Z on front and Guide lines
  • it’s stupid case, coz Blender can easy implement this in simply way, now always after put object must edit and operate (what a weakness and poor case)
  1. Rhino is more “metric” and dimensional, depend:

@Ton I hope that this can be easy FIXed in some fast track version in road map

It’s been 4 years they are planning doing some CAD functionality. I’m planning on doing a fork for architecture. They are not open to this, this is the reality. I could implement it, but guess who will make impossible for it to get it into the master? Blender. They live in a bubble and think other softwares are not a base for blender. I’m tired of them. I’m doing for the community, forking blender and selling my features, it will be open source still.

But good luck, maybe in 2050

We not need CAD functionality, coz exist, we need around better GUI and solve old problems

Rhino is Cycles as Blender… just GUI as dock not opengl.

The problem is around roadMap management and sprints, where is hard to address small things that are pain and deciding about comfort around work.

ROFL… 2050 - ok @Ton assign to 2050 plans, it be fair to know anyway :smiley:

Follow me, I’ll bring CAD functionality and I’ll publish here, they will be native. Im just finishing a project before. Im an engineer and software developer. But the key is, dont expect it from them. Im planning on doing move/rotate/scale by pick point and Also offset mesh node.

As mentioned in the top bar of every page:

For feature requests, please use rightclickselect.com.