New icons for Blender 2.8x

In that case I would definitely suggest only having one point on a line without the points to the left and right.

They’re so much better than the current set, I agree!

Here are some more sketches:
Handle type icons

3 Likes

I posted these to @jendrzych but best to take part in the discussion here.

I think, for Auto and Vector, we shouldn’t show the handles since they are automatically set in those cases anyway.

For Aligned and Free, the handles are the important part.

7 Likes

If it’s cleaner it might even look better not to have the points on the end of the handles, the handles could just be lines.

1 Like

I wonder how well that would read though, what I picture in my head would be an X with a dot in the center (in the case of Aligned)

It probably depends how much room there is to play with line weights.

Hey here’s my try:

Aligned / Auto / Free / Vector

Curves

• I changed it the square anchors are 1 px disconnected to the curve
  • The handles are dotted lines
  • For the free version I changed to angle to the other direction, that way the curve and the handles don’t take up that much of the same space
2 Likes

Ha!
Auto, Aligned, Vector, Free

handles_3

27 Likes

Looks like a dance floor :grinning:

26 Likes

Need one more icon, “Auto Clamped”.

Pure saturday night fever.

1 Like

Auto Clamped, Auto, Aligned, Vector, Free

handles_4

The new icons are good, but how will it look in comparison with the dope sheet editor? After all, it is logical that they be the same.

icons

2 Likes

UV Editing - Proportional Editing bug icons

Proportional Editing in 3D Viewport

1 Like

Thanks for report. Can fix.

Yeah, that’s I guess not great, but I think it’s worth it to have meaningful icons. I would just hope that these icons aren’t how the points are drawn in the dope sheet.

1 Like

Those icons are drawn with OpenGL afaik, so adding these new ones should not affect those.

Or unifying them…

handlertypesTest1c

1 Like

Kinda overloaded, isn’t it?

Maybe a little weight loss is possible.

handlertypesTest01d

1 Like

I like it! There should be room now to push the circles back to the top of the arc now, they make more sense there.