Global topbar conflicts with multiple editors layout

I guess we need a bit of UI changes.

Would you say my solution is extreme?

Yep… I can’t stand tool settings in the viewport. I like my viewport as clean as possible, even the, toolbar shouldn’t be there. :slight_smile:

You assume it wouldn’t be hideable?

No, the idea of this popover is that it will automatically colapse if you are not using.

It doesn’t matter really… That’s what floating windows are for.

Settings that are accessed very often can’t live in a popover, it’s a pain to use it.

Actually settings are only accesed when you switch the properties windows…

settings are already in popovers on the topbar on and we have to click the tool anyway to switch settings. it would only be moved to a more convenient place.

What you mean?

Topbar is not a place for settings, we all know that, but having it in the viewport is even worse. The tools settings in the properties editor is the perfect place for that.

I mean that actuality all the tool settings are only accesible by the editor properties. So to access to this I cannot work to fullscreen. I need to lost my focus in other tabs of the properties tabs…

Where would you put the settings, there must be a place and I dont like the Idea of a window disconnected from the editor affected by the settings, that’s the current issue of the tool settings in the properties editor.

That’s why Blender should have proper floating windows support, so we could have whatever we want at any time… instead of hard coding stuff…

It won’t change a lot, the T-shelf are not one window/area, is a lot of tabs with hundreds of options that you cannot hide and unhide in a pin window.

But I’m in with pin windows, but it’s not the proper solution for this problem.

That’s the only way you can keep an app organized. Once you start spreading the settings it becomes a mess.

You was the first that liked it. When we talked about that new design was scattering settings, tools,… in all the interface you liked it.

Now you want all setting in only one site when we had the T-shelf that made that?

What you mean? You must be thinking of somoene else.
I never liked the T or N panels, and I’m always supporting the idea of having all the tool settngs in the properties editor.

And now you told that in the properties editor is hard to use and you need a new pin windows to make it useful?. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Please read it again. I was reffering to settings in popovers…

How would you deal with the fact that there are many editors with lots of settings for only one properties editor/topbar? thats the issue we are aderessing in ths thread.

You only use one tool at a time, this is how it works here in c4d for example and there’s no issues. The problem in blender is an easy fix…

You would use one tool at a time. I normally work with 3 editors different in different windows and monitors and switch between all.