Global topbar conflicts with multiple editors layout

Again, if a coder has to take the time to make it work cross-platform (the real reason we don’t have windows always on top), then support it with adjustments while the community trashes it and tells them that they’re doing wrong, then has to maintain the code, there is most certainly something to dislike.

That algorithm could be:

save_layout()
stop = False
while not stop:
    changed_something = False
    for area in window:
        if area_is_collapsible(area):
            collapse_area(area)
            changed_something = True
   if not changed_something:
        stop = True

It’s not wise to speak on behalf of developers. They do whatever they want, it doesn’t matter how hard or easy something is… it’s their call…

Why don’t you request the “Do_everything_to_me” button then?

If you wanna ask a feature, better be easy to implement otherwise there will be a chance of developers reject.

What this question is about? I don’t understand.

Its about floating windows, of course.

“Do_everything_to_me” is about floating windows? Sorry, I don’t get it.

now it should be clear…

Talking about UI flaws…
You’re painting and no settings for the brush is visible until you have drawn something. So what if you wanted different settings, what would be the workflow? Blindly paint, undo, now set the brush and then paint again?

By the way, you C4D guys already have the properties settings, you should be happy as long as you keep n-panel close. And keep it closed, don’t ask to remove it from Blender please.
So, now that you are happy, can the other guys hope to be happy too and ask for an optional&hideable N-panel that brings settings for tools of specific areas into those specific areas? This would be logical and organized as well, it would go around some limitations (eg. fullscreen working), and could happily live side by side with the settings tab in property area. Can we discuss this without being LOLed or facepalmed?

2 Likes

I’m not sure you understand what I mean.
What I said is that it’s up to the developers to choose what they want and think is worth to implement. It’s their choice, we can’t force things. So let’s stop saying that something is too hard or too easy to implement. Only a dev can decide it, not we.

I’m really tired of your insults.

Have you even saw my suggestion to try to solve YOUR problem?

Dammit.

After 250 messages here, and more in other threads, trying to shut up all different opinions you proposed something that we propose months ago and you tried to stop then…

thank you?

Don’t talk non-sense. I never tried to shut up anyone.
But if that’s what you think, I will not post in this thread anymore, also it’s better not reply to my posts and I will not reply to yours, to avoid this kind of conflicts. I’m not here for this.

Problem solved. :+1:

1 Like

Sorry, I really didn’t want to insult you. And I still don’t think that that can be read as offensive, really, no sarcasm. As I said, for me is more offensive the Lol & facepalm communication.
I saw your solution, it’s one of the many. For me not the worse, not the best. Just what I think even of my own solution…

My basic point is that saying there is no downside or argument against floating windows is itself speaking on behalf of developers. You say there’s no downside speaking for the user experience, but I say when you consider the resources required (ie a developers time) then there is a downside. That’s all. It’s simple to understand.

i noticed that he says that to everyone who disagree with him , i had a really heated debate with him on other thread about topbar but it seems that Alberto is using the same tactics, i have never talked to him before since i am new to this forum but he was the first one to jump in and acusse me of trying to stop people from asking for old T Panel and here i see it again with someone else.

1 Like

Wrong. There are no arguments against the feature itself, because it’s optional. That’s what I’m saying. Devs are not part of it.

Again, don’t speak on behalf of devs. Each dev has the right to choose which field he wants to work on. What is resource heavy and time consuming for you, might be relaxing and enjoyable for others. So it’s pointless trying to guess things.

Lets play a game…

we will only answer/argue by asking other questions…
If we can do that we are also able to have a bit more empathy and maybe intresting questions rise.

Is not the same tactic, is the same response because you both are 70% of all answers in the last weeks and all about to stop people that want the T-shelf back. Like other users told, not only me. I have only remark your behaviour.

no we are not and we have proven you wrong with the suggestions we make, i don’t care if they remove or keep t shelf as long as it works well with the whole new active tools system, and let me teach you something, never ever attack people on personal level but discuss ideas, instead of calling people names and false acusse them you should say this idea doesn’t work because of this and that…this way you’ll get more respect than you think, keep it professional and never personal but you seem to lack that understanding…