Create your own menu with your own hotkeys inside

Hi! I have long wanted to create my own menu with my own hotkeys inside, but nothing has worked out so far. I tried to do this using the pie menu, but as it turned out later, the hotkeys inside the pie menu (1-9) are hardcoded inside the blender and I cannot change them. When creating a regular menu, the maximum that can, be selected by the first letter in the name of the function, which also does not suit me) I am interested in the possibility of making a menu, the list of functions of which will be tied not only to numbers, but also to letters and freely customize. Below are screenshots of how it should look. With this opportunity, you can significantly speed up the work and comfort of work in a blender. Anyone have any ideas how to implement this?

Or can someone agree to implement such an addon for money? I’m ready to pay.)) And post this addon after the implementation of course.) I think it would be a very handy thing.

I am attaching photoshop screenshots of how it should be.

P.S.

It worked!

A couple of years ago, when I tried PME, I did not think that it was possible to hook hotkeys to the names of the menu selection. It’s out now. It doesn’t look very good, but I’m not going to watch, just press and press and press)

1 Like

GSoC had one project that went in this direction but ther weren’t any updates lately:

Then there is jfranmatheu on Twitter who is apparently creating a menu customizer of sorts (?)
Don’t know what the final ting is going to be but he occasionally posts updates that look like it could go in the direction you are seeking.

For the record: I was also hoping for Blender to get native cutomizable menus with the GSoC project as I see custom menus as a major way to speed up workflow on a very individual basis.

have you tried any of these ?

Wazou’s RMB pie menu V2 (Free)

Pie Menu Editor (Paid)

1 Like

yes, I tried Pie Menu Editor for a long time, I tried Wazou RMB right now, there are no necessary settings, it’s somewhere deeper and deepest in the blender.)

thanks, this is interesting! I’ll try to write to these guys, maybe something will work out)

It worked! https://ibb.co/fQ1cY7D https://ibb.co/4FSznqr

A couple of years ago, when I tried PME, I did not think that it was possible to hook hotkeys to the names of the menu selection. It’s out now. It doesn’t look very good, but I’m not going to watch, just press and press and press)

Glad that it worked for you :slight_smile:

As for the look of it, you can try asking the dev. for how to make it look good, or if he can fix the issue on later versions, there is a thread on Blender Artists for it

1 Like