Call for Content: Themes

At least is unique. I’m not a fan of Blender shipping themes emulating other apps.

why? could you develop your idea i don’t understand

I have just noticed that it is no longer possible to set the background to white in the 3D view. It’s rather a light gray. Anyone else having the same issue? MacOS build.

Okay,I made modern light gray theme.

Light_Gray_4.2.xml (42.1 KB)

My themes

Super_Bright_4.2.xml (42.1 KB)
Fresh_Snow_4.2.xml (42.1 KB)
Natural_Aquamarine_4.2.xml (42.1 KB)
Flat_Dark_4.2.xml (42.1 KB)
True_Black_4.2.xml (42.1 KB)
Fresh_Strawberry_4.2.xml (42.1 KB)
Fresh_Orange_4.2.xml (42.1 KB)
Fresh_Lime_4.2.xml (42.1 KB)
Fresh_Blueberry_4.2.xml (42.1 KB)
Fresh_Grape_4.2.xml (42.1 KB)
Fresh_Peach_4.2.xml (42.1 KB)
Fresh_Coffee_4.2.xml (42.1 KB)

9 Likes

I upload my updated theme and I forget about it unless I have a general interest.
When playing with light and dark panels, it is difficult to keep the elements of the UI balanced, this is the best that has been left.
AL.xml (41.4 KB)

4 Likes

I think this papercut is theme relatable, something that the theme creators should be aware of:

2 Likes

Looks amazing! I personally use the Framer UI and Syntax themes on Atom because it looks really cool.

So funny. XSI MOD theme is the most voted and most downloaded, yet it still not picked or reviewed. If it´s the name we need to switch @billrey let´s change it to “Montreal Legacy” as you suggested, I don´t have a problem with it. I didn´t quite finished this theme, foreseeing all of these issues back in the day. So, again, being the most voted and the most downloaded theme, users HAVE their attention taken, consistently. I can prepare Version 03 (pre-candy release) now that Blender has stabilized itself on the GUI aspects and color names.
Even when you record training material, tutorials, hangovers, skypes and most other video streams, makes it very convenient for Blender to show GUI fast -compression savvy-. (Now I know other users will want to capitalize on these tips, but again, I´ve left this thread ease out to give everyone else the chance to write about it, but no one did.)
So, another one reason to like the MONTREAL LEGACY theme.
Enough said.

1 Like

Can we not just name the XSI theme something else a little more vague like suggested? It’s a great theme. I’ve barely used XSI, so I don’t know exactly how close the Blender’s interface looks once the theme is loaded, but it’s not like Blender is magically transformed into XSI and I don’t think users of 3ds Max or Modo are going to feel left out especially with a name change.

I think it would be a great nod to one of the most influential pieces of software made by one of the most influential companies in the industry…both dishonorably dissolved by a greedy giant. It’s also just a great looking theme.

3 Likes

I love the V01Tech Maya skin, it’s so nice to see the familiar color palette w Blender coming from Maya! Should be included with blender! :slight_smile:

I compared the themes posted here.
https://devtalk.blender.org/t/blender-themes-comparison/4616

1 Like

Deep Ocean

Deep_Ocean_4.2.xml (42.1 KB)

3 Likes

Volcano

Volcano_4.2.xml (42.1 KB)

1 Like

I also thought about it. Addon that will simplify editing the topic. Thank you)

For some reason this just pops out for me: clear separation of windows, which is important to me. Good (minimal) use of colors without going full Thomas Kinkade. Nice balance of contrast and brightness that is easy to look at in the broadest of environments. However, no matter what the theme, I always end up bumping the brightness on my display during the day and dropping it at night.
+1 from me.

I’m not a power user in the conventional sense but a persistent user for many things for many years (since before 2.5 actually!). When, for example, I use it to prepare for 3D printing, then I could care less about color-perception bias.
My personal theme has been based on color-coded windows for years. It does not have a pro ‘style’ like most themes I see, but instead is for a broad set of workspaces that shift windows around, and sometimes even duplicate window types in different areas of the same screen. My eyes always gravitate to color for function at the high-level, not the low level.
‘Tutorial’ is not a bad name and certainly doesn’t clash with anything else, although I wish it wasn’t so ‘kiddy’ sounding :grin:

As a self-elected voice in the dark for all the non-traditional workflows out there, it would be nice to see a few themes that address alternate value systems without drifting into super-cool looks.

XSI or the MONTREAL LEGACY theme WIN guys !!! use it!!

Chocolate

Chocolate_4.2.xml (42.1 KB)

1 Like

Pastel Pink

Pastel Pink_4.2.xml (42.1 KB)

3 Likes

Yeah my previous account disappeared in thin air so i made the exact same account i had before as a new account and now I cannot upload attachments because “you have a new account you cannot post attachments hurr” so here’s a 4K screenshot instead.

1 Like