Call for Content: Themes

Just to clear it, I’m not the owner of that theme and I didn’t submitted any theme here.

I know, I was only talking about the average brightness of the themes though, to me it doesn’t make sense to not have something between the very bright and the dark ones, just this. I also think that having an extra good theme wouldn’t hurt as long as we don’t end up with a list of 15 or 20 themes like we had before.

Out of the “competition” speaking of middle grey, I’ve fixed (or at least I’ve tried to) the old default theme, for nostalgic people.
Only thing I changed is adding colours to the different node types: 27x_2.xml (41.4 KB)

1 Like

Dark Play

darkplay.xml (41.3 KB)

16 Likes

I made some changes to white theme white_v3.xml

And some points, that I want change, but can’t (in addition to previous, that I describe in first post):

1. Cant change colors of this balon (with object amount counter):
    %D0%A1%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BA%20%D1%8D%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B0%20%D0%BE%D1%82%202018-11-27%2022-10-11

2. Can’t do anything this shadows of nodes (and the node itself always semi-transparent, so it just can’t be white):
    %D0%A1%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BA%20%D1%8D%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B0%20%D0%BE%D1%82%202018-11-27%2022-10-30

3. Frame text color, can’t find it:
    %D0%A1%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BA%20%D1%8D%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B0%20%D0%BE%D1%82%202018-11-27%2022-14-50

5 Likes

Love this theme. still has some work on it. like the selected faces highlight on edit mode is not very visible, suggest you change the selection highlight to something like cyan. checkout machin3 tools 0.3 theme of its selection highlights

Ok, so, with the feedback from here, and discussions with UI team, I have updated the list of preliminary picks.

• Removed the XSI theme. Even though it is fantastic, it was out of place with no other app-emulating themes in there
  • Added the ‘Awesome’ theme

White

Super bright theme, for certain environments this can make sense.

Fresh Snow

Platinum

Similar to: Breeze

Pro3 (needs a new name)

Nice medium grey
Alternatives: Blender Medium, Modo, Maya, Awesome Theme

** Awesome** (needs a new name)

Odyssey

Alternatives: Dark Blue, Godot

Dark Minimal

Alternatives: Blender Pro, Greetooth, Yello

12 Likes

so this makes them 9 in total,why not add anoher one and make it even number :slight_smile:

The fresh grass theme is pretty easy on the eyes

Why you need new names? They are great :joy:

X2

Don’t know why the rush for themes for beta. Why not wait a little longer and come up with more options.

I’d replace Pro3 with Fresh Grass Grey, Odyssey with Dark Blue and Dark Minimal with Blender Pro. Ditch White or come up with a replacement. The only thing I see is the orange and blue. Maybe if the colors were “softened” a little, it would look better.

3 Likes

Because they are not descriptive names in any way.

We can’t have all our themes named Good Theme, Great Theme, Fantastic Theme, Brilliant Theme, The Best Theme etc.

Those kinds of names are just not appropriate.

1 Like

Alright. :smile:

So, @proxe @TheRedWaxPolice could you guys provide new names?

1 Like

Ok, I’ll rename the “Awesome” to “Deep Grey”, it’s okay to you?

1 Like

Yes that’s fine - anything that’s just somewhat descriptive. I don’t mind whimsy names either, like Fresh Snow or whatever.

grey matter. 20 chars :wink:

2 Likes

Okay, I updated my post with the new renamed .xml file. (Google drive link)

1 Like

I actually agree with you - I would like to swap out Dark Minimal with Blender Pro, but Dark Minimal got many more votes so I was swayed by that.

The ‘White’ theme I actually think is rather excellent - it makes Blender look very different, which is the point of themes anyway.

1 Like

i would call it “Red Clay” much more appropriate :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you! The cyan looks great and clearly indicates that you’re in edit mode. I’ll update the theme soon!

When they will start shipping?