Blender user interface design

The 2.8 animation UI looks so much better, congratulations!

However, one thing I still found very counter-intuitive and I hope it is updated for beginners like me:

Why does a right-click on the “Armature” entry, or the “ArmatureAction” entry not give me simple options for adding a new action, or deleting the selected action? I’m sure there is some obvious button somewhere else, but it would be a lot more intuitive if it also was in this context menu. Especially since it’s such a fundamental thing to do in this view

I second this request.

4 Likes

Yes please. I hate skinny scroll bars and I hate scroll bars that hide themselves so Blender’s scroll bars are the worst of both worlds.

2 Likes

There’s a task… but seems dead at the moment…

1 Like

This patch seemed like a nice solution, but is stalled because of current scrollbar problems in Outliner. If someone can figure out the latter I’d love to get back to the former.

8 Likes

This is about 2.90.2 eaf7d36d66e5
Mark Seam/Clear Seam disappeared from ctrl+e menu. Is this a bug or a feature? I hope this is a bug. Because it is very inconvenient. Previously, I could use the ctrl+e menu for everything related to edges (bevel, sharps, crese, seams), but now I have to use two menus crl+e and U.

If this is a bug, then I will write a bug report. If this is a feature, please return Mark Seam/Clear Seam to ctrl+e menu.

2 Likes

I think this is a ‘feature’. They removed duplicate menu entries to make the UI less cluttered. Until now in Edit Mode you could find Mark Seam/Clear Seam in both the ‘Edge’ and the ‘UV’ menu as well as the ctrl+E menu.

It was mentioned in the most recent episode of Blender Today (#103 I think it’s unlisted as it was more of a casual chatting stream than usual, but here’s the link) and from what I understood Pablo was open to consider keeping in the ctrl+E menu.

2 Likes

I asked Pablo to return Mark Seam / Clear Seam to the ctrl+e menu. I hope he does everything as before.
ps. It’s back, it’s back!
People voted, thanks.Thanks Pablo! :slight_smile:

3 Likes
4 Likes

I would very much welcome a balanced tool menu approach like this add-on offers:

3 Likes

Is it still work now? Can I relay this post or thread and…Will you view it?