Blender user interface design

Ah, I did not remember that for this basically became a Ui / design focused thread, and others more specific were opened, for the new theme or the keymap for example.

Anyway I don’t know if those things would be configurable, what I know is that a redisign of the keymap configurator is planned, to make it more user friendly, I don’t remember the task in which this has been discussed though.

@NahuelBelich This is soooo smart, quick, easy, efficient, reliable, etc…
It would be needed a different “Pin” icon probably, to avoid confusion with the current pin feature. And then the same icon would be convenient to be placed also on the N-shelf, to let removing panels as easy as they can be added.
A whole Favorite panel in the N-shelf! So those who like to work fullscreen can have the benefits (and even better) of those who like to have all options in one place and no fullscreen. The latter ones can still close the N-shelf and work and live as if it wasn’t there at all.
Hundreds of likes!

3 Likes

Are not supposed all options in the overlay to be greyed out when the global switch is turned off? Well, the manipulators and motion tracking are not. :thinking:
Also, greyed out options are supposed to be non-editable, no? Well, I can still change them. :thinking:

2018-07-16_15-22-05

Hi, I am watching “Your Dream Workspace! - Blender Today Live” and have a tiny idea for the axis widget in the top right. As it’s quite bright and distracting. Why not mute the colours/simplify the gizmo when the mouse is not over it, and then pop the colour back when the mouse is over it.

2 Likes

This might not happen to everyone but the render section inside the render tab is missing (and so are the render buttons and the option to select the graphics card).

This screenshot is from today’s build (blender-2.80.0-git20180716.dc123ac9e5a-windows64) but it also happened on the previous one. You can see the first section is dimensions and there are no render buttons present.

The Hide/select for light should not be only hidden lights in the 3dview and keep the lighting, like the overlays?

5 Likes

You’re right, and this behavior should change imo.

The render buttons they live in the render menu only now.

Overlays Wireframe Slider should be used to control Opacity of the Wireframes.

13 Likes

Little detail, actually seams visibility is inside freestyle

I will use the wireframe to 1 but it can be great in fact.

I would like to have an option to keep the subdivision, but when decreasing the wireframe, that will decrease the interation.
That could be nice, like the optimal display for example.

2 Likes

I think it’s good to have Wireframe Selected and Wireframe All Option in the Overlays.

1 Like

Then where do you select your rendering device? (CPU/GPU?)

1 Like

User preferences?..

Hello, wanted to share this octahedron like Gizmo, I know the colors are not the best, but I liked the octahedron replacement instead of the cube thats been registered by autodesk, perhaps with a little more work on it, it could be a nice alternative : )

What do you think?

It’s in the performance panel, and you can animate it too!

Will the properties panel layout be reverted back or fixed? The current state is still a significant downgrade compared to 2.79 both in terms space utilization and readability. Both of these got significantly worse.

1 Like

Here’s a little suggestion for floating windows.
They could be used for add-ons and are only closed when the user presses
exit by clicking on the letter “x”

winsuggestion_addons

9 Likes