Blender UI paper cuts

I accidentally rotate out of top view all the time into a perspective using the middle wheel. It would be great to add RIGHT-CLICK to escape out of this accidental rotation and restore to the previous view.

Thanks for listening!
Eric

2 Likes

This would be useful, I have to turn on xray for that or go to wireframe. but B B could work this way.

But please not this^^ It’s much better if you keep at it and get used to it so that you don’t do it than for everyone else to need to remember something special. If it’s such a problem then redo the keymap to Max so that it doesn’t happen to you. It should be fairly easy to do so.
It’s all here:

1 Like

In the VSE the options is missing to detect image sequence. The title of the button under Add > Image/Sequence sort of states it but its problably meant as Sequence as in Video sequence.

However at most other parts in Blender’s UI you can simple use the boolean “Detect Sequence”, why does the VSE not have this. This means user needs to manually select all images of the sequence if he/she wants to add it.

I tried adding as a bug for missing feature or not working, but it was closed.

https://developer.blender.org/T69878

1 Like

It should collaps to a hamburger menu like it used to do or you could tell it to do. This is why the current aligning method of Justify is just crappy for a UI. Its just horrible, everything is being pressed to the side and thats why there are tons of buttons in the corners

1 Like

@pablodp606 is possible to hide the new vertex highlight in sculpt? it’s annoying when you don’t need.

@ideasman42 @pablodp606 could be possible add the paint mask option here

it is something…
the important thing is that they make the buttons automatically shrink when the views are small …
Alberto’s proposal to use icons is not bad, other software uses these solutions, they also use popups for brush slider settings … the positive thing is that you can save a lot of space here, without sacrificing anything. the icons are also more descriptive … and after a few hours you got used to them.

1 Like

Could be the animation graph editor layout like this?

Maybe is a standard in the industry and have some reason, I didn’t work like animator except last months, but it is really hard to find something when all key begin with the same X Y Z and a big saturated icon instead of the first thing that you search (type of transform)

6 Likes

“Would you like to restore the last session?” whenever blender was launched after a crash.

I often observe people undergoing a crash and losing their work, without noticing the autosave.

1 Like

Please move the transparent background to a better place.
I am 3 times that I forget where it is because it is positioned in a completely difficult context to remember …
The best place would be in World Properties.
And please call it “transparent background” or something similar better identifiable.

2 Likes

Transparent World then, I’d think.

2 Likes

Personally I’d prefer it with the PNG settings.

You can have the background transparent without export the image, will be hard to find in that place.

I think Navigation Widgets should be changed to Radial like this,neither Vertical or Horizontal layouts work they feel disconnected.
Not only they look much nicer but also very functional as they’re closer to each other.

29 Likes

I didn’t make any mockup since it wasn’t my first concern, but I always thought this layout was the best when I first saw the icons.

1 Like

Same.

we had the thesis (horizontal tool)
we had the antithesis (vertical tool)
now you have created the synthesis … :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Not bad, but how it will look with other “3D Viewport Axis” settings: “Off”, “Simple Axis”?

1 Like

I noticed some speed quirks in the latest 2.81 alphas. For example, changing the alignment from World to View after adding a NURBS curve takes 2 seconds or so. I also noticed that some Undo operations take a few seconds to be realized.

1 Like

“Simple Axis” would be the same,woulkdn’t it? and “off” use whatever layout that fits.