Blender UI paper cuts

The topbar needs to be redrawn/cleared in workspaces without topbar elements:

1 Like

Is there a way to move this bar closer to the space where I’m actually working?
When using a brush, all the brush settings are too far away from my preferred working area.
This makes working much more difficult and slower when using a big/high resolution monitor.

4 Likes

I’ll add that not only should the top row of radio buttons (tabs) always be visible in the user preferences window, but the search field should always be visible. It’s pretty painful to use such a long list of shortcuts, but this would be one way to make it easier to deal with.

1 Like

There is a project to completely redesign the Preferences, here:

https://developer.blender.org/T54115

This is spearheaded by Julian Eisel. I hope this can be done before long, to tackle the kinds of issues brought up here.

1 Like

current navigation gizmo
gizmo

need more bright when mouse over
bright

current navigation when background bright
brig
add outline
brigr gizmot

2 Likes

Agree it should be back as an editor type, it have been bring 2 times to the RightClick select site so you can support it there also

Also here:

1 Like

The nav. gizmo must use the same backdrop colour as nav. icons do - the dark one. No need for outlines.

1 Like

even just having the toolbar open by default could be a decent solution

i mentioned this before and since the “topbar” only shows tools related to the 3d view, maybe it should be part of the 3D view header instead of the whole blender.

2 Likes

The toolbar is open by default in Blender.

The top bar in fact does not only show options for tools in the 3D View. It also has options for the active tools on the UV Editor, for example.

Add arrows under Axis Visuals
arrows

The same thing as [CTRL] + [SHIFT] + SCROLL WHEEL in 2.79

There is no feature like that in 2.8 yet.

2 Likes

i meant the toolbar in the text editor that Jacques Luke was talking about

fair enough, but there are only 2 or 3 editors that actually benefit from the top bar… but most of them dont

1 Like

maybe text orientation should be horizontal by character.

3 Likes

No, this would be horrible!

2 Likes

I think we should have an option to toggle top bar on and off in each 3D viewport.
By default it could be as it is now, but users could show/hide another top bar in any 3D viewport.

Like this:

The way the top bar currently works in Blender 2.8 is unacceptable.

9 Likes

why?.. no one likes to turn their head side-wise…and with tons of addons it’ll be worse to distinguish each one.

When wanting to join two areas, it is often quite difficult to place the area splitter at the exact same pixel as the area you want to join, so how about some light snapping to nearest area splitter?

13 Likes

We proposed, months ago, to make the topbar a editor area to put where the user need and not only in the top part of the window.

The same with the preferences, that was better to have in an area type instead a fixed window.

@nokipaike I think it should be an area not because it is omnipresent, because it can be hidden. If not because it is fixed for no reason. And since the blender interface is historically 100% customizable, the logical thing is that the topbar and preferences are also an area that the user can place where he prefers to accommodate his workflow and his workspace. Not to mention that people have different monitor layouts.

7 Likes