Blender UI paper cuts

The fps is not drawn in the preview(2.80):

In the VSE. The info about the following modal hotkeys are (at least) missing in the Status bar:

• While dragging playhead + Ctrl will snap the playhead to nearest cut.
  • While in Grab strip or handle/handles + Ctrl will snap to nearest cut.
  • While selecting a handle + Alt will also select the adjoined handle.
    • Alt will generally add value change to all strips.

(Maybe there are more info missing on hotkeys in the Statusbar? https://github.com/dfelinto/blender/blob/master/source/blender/editors/space_sequencer/sequencer_ops.c )

Btw. When Grabbing in the VSE most of the functions in the Statusbar are not valid:

1 Like

Backface culling is in overlay popover but its unrelated to overlays because it is renderer’s option (eg. Cycles don’t support it).

I think it should go to shading popover.

Edit: it have been changed

6 Likes

Papercut

When switching between scenes, blender does not remember the scene’s workspace. For motion graphics, when switching between VSE scene and Motion Graphic Scene, this can get quite tiresome.

Example below:

4 Likes

Try the built-in pie menu addon:

Hey guys, hope I’m posting in the right place.

A small UI Paper Cut would increase consistency in the UX. Everything related to selection in the UI and menus highlights in Blue. But the default themes selections in the viewport are Orange. The default theme should build on it’s consistency by having the Blue selections reflected even in the viewport and while modeling.

4 Likes

18 posts were split to a new topic: Preselection highlighting

Backface culling is not an overlay!!

There should be one backface culling in the solid shading menu and one backface culling in the lookdev shading menu.

1 Like

Hi everybody,
I’ve noticed that in Weight Paint mode there is something wrong with the rendering of the borders.
immagine

2 Likes

One small thing that’s always annoyed me a little bit is that Intersect is the default option when you add a new boolean modifier. At this point most people probably use plugins to manage their booleans operations so it doesn’t matter too much. However I’d say most people probably want it to default to difference, I know that’s true for me at least, I rarely use the Intersect option at all.

4 Likes

Hi to everyone)
Why the ability of applying the standart theme from 2.7x is removed?? It is not welcome the flaty papper look to some peoples…(like me ether)… and some words about the icons… it is painful to eyes to recognize som needed options while working on projects… and with the “new” looking UI of blender we need to relearning it again?? It will be more beter way to bring the ability a fully reversed compabilities with the previus versions in a aspectsl like: a hotkay combinations like Ctrl+Tab to bring the popUp menu for selection betwen verts,edges,fase cost is nod reduse our speed in work on projects rather that the new more mouse moving on entire screen…
Ill hope some of the UI dev team member will agree with me an a artist to, that this is not the easest way to work…
Also the preconfigured tabs it unnoing for some users… if someone need it he wil do it by itself…)

I press ctrl+L to select a full connected mesh, and everything is fine.

Then, at one point, I use the little popup dialogue to just select all connected up to a seam.

Now, I have no idea how to go back to the full connected mesh selection, because any time I click that little pop up box it just flips back to seam all the time! :hot_face:

Current bevel profile use quite nonintuitive values. Seems to me more natural use 1 for sharp convex, 0 for flat, -1 for sharp concave.

What can be better chance for change than now for 2.8?
(the only one argument “why do not” was wrong interpretation of older files)

Thanks for your opinion.

30 Likes

Would be cool to have a a hotkey to cycle through this profiles, like we have with mouse wheel for step number.

Bezier and path editing doesn’t show the vertex/edge selection type icons, even though they ought to apply here as well (vertice/segment).

Hey everyone, just a reminder about what this topic is about:

A small, isolated UI problem that makes using Blender annoying.

This thread is not for large feature requests or lots of back and forth about the general interface and paradigms. Please keep each post simple and short, preferably with images that illustrate the issue.

I’ve moved the preselection highlighting posts out of this topic.

9 Likes

A problem from blender stackexchange:

Dragging pictures/files from the File Browser into the Shader Editor creates a new node, instead of pasting the name (hint shows that you paste name here):

Even if i try to do this from image editor, it doesn’t work:
Peek%202018-12-10%2009-57

18 Likes

Everyone is confused by the properties editor that mix too many stuff. Maybe time to split it in different editors.

1 Like

Missing shortcut for “Delete”

3 Likes

I don’t know if the Node Wrangler addon is maintained by the Blender devs, but the ctrl+spacebar in the node editor is overriden by the addon, would it be possible to change the shortcut of the addon ?

In the Material tab of the properties editor, shouldnt “Viewport Display” be renamed to “Workbench”?
As of now its pretty confusing for people because we use different terms for the same thing:
workbench, solid mode (which can be transparent when xray is enabled), and viewport display.

What do you think? Does it make sense to unify this?