Blender is moving in the wrong direction

The problem always will be the GPL that dont allow to third parties developers to make plugins and addons, blocking all integration in the industrie

1 Like

damn guys, sometimes I donā€™t understand you, now what did I write wrong that you flagged me?
do you do it at random, just for fun?

4 Likes

blender can never become the industry standard, it is destined to be a powerful small groups toy.

With GPL will be impossible, with a LGPL or a way to avoid it with a API, I see sometimes that that could be possible, is perfectly possible.

But we cannot be waiting that addons developers will make improvements when they need to give for free the software in a repository.

And I think that itā€™s easy to understand for Blender, when they ask all time for money of the users to pick more full time developers.

ā€œindustry standardā€
Iā€™m curious to see what will be standard in 10 years.

thinking about the acceleration of technology,
to everything, I believe, that will be challenged ā€¦
we are about to enter the 30th decade of the internet
and if many things in the first 20 years have been a struggle between the old analog and the new digital world ā€¦ this decade will surely be the decade mature enough to cut the cord with some systems of the past that were clearly in conflict with the digital world and they acted as a brake, made weight that doesnā€™t allow flying
I believe, that this decade, after 20-30 years that the maturation of the ā€œimmaterialā€ software world is incubated until we get to create entire virtual worlds-games always better in technique, graphics, and imagination, now this maturation takes place it will gradually pour into the transformation of the physical world.
I donā€™t know exactly how and in what form, but it will certainly be like this and it will be in this world that realities such as the blender comunity (of so many satellites around their sun) will have really interesting news to propose ā€¦

this is not utopia, think about how the world was still around with horses in the early 1900s and electricity was not very common ā€¦ and in just one century everything changed radically ā€¦

Probably in 5 years we wonā€™t do retopo or modeling. All will be with MLā€¦ Modeling will be something ancestralā€¦

All that can be replaced with ML will be replaced.

If Iā€™d be a Blender dev Iā€™d close this thread because itā€™s quite frankly offtopic and the original complaints are irrelevant and subjective IMO.

1 Like

but did you realized that this tread has almost 300 comments and is a discussion that has evolved and therefore it could also be concluded, given that even blender itself is well evolved since this discussion started?
essentially this tread ended its function and therefore became a more or less generic discussion ā€¦

donā€™t be the guardian of the ā€œoff-topicā€ with a square head, enjoy the growth of the information you receive, or simply stop following this thread.

You had to call me a square-head, right? Iā€™m not the guardian of ā€œoff-topicā€, I just stand for more coherence in the forum. As we both agree this whole thread diverted from itā€™s origins and separated into multiple topics that could be discussed separately too. Currently this is one of the top feeds that actually switches attention from discussing more important stuff and that are less vague in the title. The whole title of this section sounds clickbaitish to me, really. Thatā€™s it, nothing more, nothing less, just stated the obvious. But that is just my opinion on the matter, you are free to disagree.

this is why I suggested, if you donā€™t like this tread anymore, to unfollow it.
I personally found the evolved discussion pleasant and therefore I continue to follow it.
Iā€™ve never complained about a discussion of going offtopic, especially in this type of tread, which was essentially useful, and the devs have taken it into account and blender is noted to have evolved. but not anymore, it has lost its function ā€¦ because many things that were in doubt have been corrected.

I donā€™t see a clickbait, it doesnā€™t make sense, if you donā€™t want to be disturbed anymore, you simply have to stop following this discussion, donā€™t prevent others who enjoy it from continuing to discuss ā€¦

I am of opinion more liberal, so I could be biased.

Blender is moving in the wrong direction ā€¦ with its download speed.
Nowadays everyone is downloading Blender and result is 100kb/s down speed. :joy::joy:
Itā€™s like every Maya/Max user changed opinion :smiley:

2 Likes

lool
itā€™s true Iā€™m trying to download it right now
hahaha ā€¦ itā€™s because today thereā€™s COLORED ICONS! - Blender Today Live
:joy::joy::joy:

Because gaming is heading in the mobile direction and Unity/Unreal specialize in that field more than proprietary engines, Blender will have a big role to play in the future. But yeah at that point it is more about small teams over the big industries, so kind of true.

Unity and Unreal are proprietary engines. Unreal does have a (semi-) open development model starting with version 4 though. That might have confused you?

I mean in-house engines, yes I heard unreals source code was or is to be open, as well as unity in the far future. If those are still too closed for some then Iā€™m sure they will find Gotot or another, and it is having those options that is the point.

So, 2.81.

Even more beautiful buttons, pink themes, gizmos, and all sorts of decorations.

"Wrong direction" started at 2.5.
The ā€œbeautifulā€ interface and accelerated rendering overshadowed the eyes, and the community clapping their hands merrily moved along the crooked path. Functionally, the blender is getting better from version to version. And thatā€™s normal, it should be so. But few people notice that some changes fundamentally break UX, because most of the community is users, and (as it turned out) a very small part are professionals.

Are there any people who used a blender as the main tool for working up to version 2.5?

Are there any industry standard advocates (keymap and UX) who used the blender daily to work up to version 2.5? Use a blender for modeling, texturing, rendering, for more than 10 years? Do not skip from program to program (Maya, 3D Max, Madbox, Zbrash, etc.), sometimes including a blender, but uses it as a main tool?

There are a lot of complaints in this forum thread. And these complaints come from the fact that people are deprived of the opportunity to work normally. New users, proponents of industry standards, are becoming the majority. And the blender goes to meet them, neglecting and infringing on the old, experienced pros.
Arguments like: ā€œyou can just select 2.79 keymap in the settingsā€, ā€œmost users prefer gizmos and it works well for everyoneā€, ā€œthe industry standard takes the blender to a new levelā€ - complete nonsense. This is written only by those who have not learned how to work in an old blender.
People do not complain that now it is possible to switch to the ā€œleft mouse buttonā€, or turn on the pink theme, or use gizmos for all the manipulations (which are completely useless and only interfere with seasoned pros). The problem is that, old approaches to work are being cut off. But old ones donā€™t mean bad ones.

Surely there are those who quietly moved to new standards. But it is impossible, wrong, stupid and unreasonable to assume that the old UX blender is outdated and not competitively capable.

UPD:
I do not mean a return of 2.4. But I defend some positions of the author of this topic, which relate to the deterioration of UX in 2.8.

1 Like

@AUDITORIUM Pink themes? You are a major shitposter. :man_facepalming:

Go get some rest dude. :smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s very funny. But it is better to stick to the topic.

Hey yo, ā€œseasoned proā€, do you have a portfolio somewhere?
Asking for a friend.

So what you really want is to go back to version 2.4 of ā€œa blenderā€ before it went on this ā€œbrokenā€ and ā€œcrooked pathā€? Why didnā€™t you say so? Here you go:

https://download.blender.org/release/

2 Likes