Blender 2.8 Wireframes Discussion

communication with developers on this aspect has been very poor. We spent 6 months complaining about the wireframe with dithering that was unusable, asking for it to be fixed,… and not a single change. Then, after complaining a lot, we saw the patch that changed two numbers in a single line of code and fixed the problem.

They could have changed it the first day, for doing us the favor of being able to work with the wireframe…

I wouldn’t be surprised if this complaint, which has been on the table for a long time now, changes from one day to another, with two changes in a line of code, in Blender2.81.Like a lot of problems of the actual system that are only little things for a coder.

• default color of the wireframe
  • default color of the background
  • default X-ray value
  • Grid drawing over the wireframe.
  • Hard to see active face
  • Outline drawing over other objects (Pain in the ass)

I think that probably all this problems can be solved in few minutes and few changes in the code, maybe the only hard to solve is the grid drawed over the wireframe, and cannot be so hard to solve.

8 Likes

So, everyone is disliking the new edges thickness in edit mode (along with the anti aliasing issues that comes with it)
I wonder if they are going to change it at all, because personall I can’t use the software in this state.

Did devs ever say anything on this issue?

It’s usable: I can see vertices, edges and faces, and I can select them, likewise objects. But, the displays of what I’m building really need some polish, and I have to assume that is being worked on. The line aliasing, the line thickness, the vertices that seem to hide behind edges, or display as half dots, or some kind of smudge … sloppy, shoddy and amateurish. This kind of thing will drag 2.80 down. I’m used to clean and clear displays of what I’m working on in any other 3D software that I use, but this is not delivering on that, and again, it will drag it down. Sure, it’s in beta, and like I said, I assume it’s on the refine list, because although I can use 2.80, every moment, I am looking at some seriously bad screen drawing in my 3D View.

7 Likes

We don’t have official answer to mayority of the problems.

1 Like

Will be wireframe set to 1 by default someday?
2018-12-28%2001_27_51-Window
and how about shortcut for solidwireframe?

2 Likes

@no4me

I proposed it but I never received any response, and it has quite good rating from users likes.

+1 for wireframe being 1 in default, for th shortcut it’s shift + z and alt shift z to toggle with the overlays

1 Like

Thank you but I was talking about shortcut for wireframe on top of a model (checkbox next to wireframe from overlays). So, visible would be texture or material and wireframe.

I posted a proposal on Right Click Select.

Good day, everyone! Honestly, I don’t know it’s an issue or this can be rulled via options or something, but… The situation is - I painted an image then scanned to draw it to 3D. I added en empty object with image, entered wireframe mode, and… I lost, because no edges there. At all. Then I deleted background and edges has been appeared.

The question is - how can I see (if I can see) edges with empty object behind? And - thank you guys, you’ve done en incredible work!

Hello,
you can change wire color in User Preferences

Next to it is wire edit.

And while I have a chance. I looks like we have a reasonably pointed bug which can be easily fixed.

Black WIREFRAME may not be best solution to display wires.
Darkened orange may be better for example.

Hmm, as you mentioned it, I think that setting could go to wireframe shading pupover like bacground color went.

Ideally with other coloring option like random/material/object in solid

Wouldn’t it be too crowded?
Those menus could be very messy very quickly.

Changing guid color doesnt affect borders. Actually I thought that borders must be rulling by the Outline option in the Shading popover, but nothing changing when empty (image) is behind. Interesting situation – I changed orthographic view to perspective - and where model intersects with null objects - dotted wireframe without borders, where not - outline borders exists.

Screenshot has not been edited

If it will be helpfull, here is a source file: https://yadi.sk/d/bk1_Vs_0a93Yyw

If image doesn’t embedded to a blend file, here is a drawing:

Problem that is see: empty images are drawn on top of wires regardles of depth settings

1 Like

You’re right, that’s a problem. When you modelling by the drawing, you not able to see the border of neighbour objects… It’ll be great if this issue will be fixed in next releases.

The problem could be linked with the problem that ire is draw behind everything, for example the grid.

3 Likes

@Zuorion I already said it in October 12 2018, but we didn’t get any response from any developer.

Blender 2.8 Wireframes Discussion

1 Like

it has been reported as a bug.
https://developer.blender.org/T58985

3 Likes