Asset Bundle - Base Meshes

Sure. I delayed some work to make a retopo, because it was interesting for my retopology research (I often used to do retopology to relax after work) and now I need to catch it up anyway.
Take care about yourself.

2 Likes

Used the skull model for the report
CC0 license is handy)

1 Like

V15
Optimized version added (for some unknown reason)
Skull model was refactored from 20k to 7k vertices, it is approximately 0.7 subd.

9 Likes

Foremost, thank you all for the work on such assets. So much easier to adjust proportions and quick block in’s.

My question is that i cant figure out how to import and edit them. I am not a beginner but it seems that the mesh is instanced which somehow only references the mesh but i cant edit it.
Is there a special operator for it? The single meshes like the hand are working fine.

I would make a fish, i just made like six or seven of them in the last months.

Some of these Assets are Collections. They are currently instanced by default but this is a known issue that will be fixed. Eventually asset libraries/asset can define how they should be imported.

To import them in a way that you can edit them, you need to open the Adjust Last Operation panel or press F9 and disable Instance.

3 Likes

Using blender for quite some time in every area but i could not figure that one out… Thanks

I haven’t been that active in the past month due to taking some leave.
I’ll see to it that the realistic and stylized base meshes can be prepped and released soon as a bundle :smiley:

@1D_Inc Can you share that skull model again? The link is dead.

@Tonatiuh Any updates on the models you were working on?

1 Like

Here is the latest (v17)
A bit reworked occipital part for lowpoly version to avoid 1:2 polygons sides ratio and make them more 4:3

2 Likes

A better evenly-spaced solution could be re-routing, especially taking into account similairly shaped natural details in this area of a skull (even spacing and regularity are usually mutually exclusive in organic topology), but I don’t know if we are going to use 7k version.

v18 for comparison

1 Like

I think this is already top notch. The way forward would be to first wrap up the missing objects (teeth).
Then whatever version can already be shared and used :+1:

1 Like

Okay, let it be v18 then. Teeth was made by Tonatiuh, I don’t have them.

Hi! Will do the teeth tomorrow! I broke the hand and I’ m still recovering, but I’ll try to keep going with the other models.

6 Likes

@1D_Inc this is the last sculpt with the sutures and more accurate base of the cranium. if you want to give it a try at the holes.

@JulienKaspar @1D_Inc I just realize that the third molar is missing :roll_eyes: Can I fix it??? not all the people has the third molar… so it is not so problematic.

anyhow here are the teeth with the third molar missing:

Not sure it is necessary for artistic purpose)

I detected differences and reprojected both retopoes to better match base changes, but there is nothing else that can be applied to retopo I guess.

I touched teeth a bit, fixed some intersections and removed a couple of triangles to make their topology quad-only (some applications used to like quad-only models in general)

both retopoes are presented, I would prefer Julien Kaspar decide which one fits the goal.

V19

Oh, so sorry I give you the wrong file, this one is the one with the fixes:

1 Like

You are right… there is no need for the third molar… I don’t have any so I never thought about them, but then I remember that human use to have more teeth hahaha,

V20

Both versions has bottom topology changed according to the latest sculpt by Tonatiuh.

1 Like

That’s great! Thanks @1D_Inc @Tonatiuh! This is an increadibly high quality model :heart:
I can take it from here and add it to the bundle. The lower polycount version seems better imo for subdivision sculpting so I’d include that one.
I’ll also shrinkwrap the detailed model on top as multires levels and add UV maps & Face Sets :+1:

3 Likes

@JulienKaspar Looks like I forgot to mark a nose seam to the low poly version, although that shouldn’t be hard to fix.

Everything else seems to be fine.
Glad to help :+1:

4 Likes