Recently I worked on creating a set of base meshes for character creation for the official Blender Asset Bundle:
So far there are 7 single-object assets, mostly based on the stylised open-source characters “Rain” & “Snow” from the Blender Studio:
Base Mesh - Stylized Male
Base Mesh - Stylized Female
Base Mesh - Stylized Head
Each head asset also has an inner mouth. But this can easily be deleted or removed via the voxel remesher.
Base Mesh - Hand
Base Mesh - Foot
Base Mesh - Jaw (Teeth, Gums & Tongue)
Base Mesh - Eye
This one has 2 eye meshes. The inner eye and outer cornea.
- Evenly distributed quad topology for multi-resolution sculpting & rigging
- Closed off volumes for easy voxel remeshing
- Face sets for fast hiding, posing & reshaping in sculpt mode
- Full UDIM UV maps
Follow the instructions in the link below to download the repository of assets.
Later these will of course be published as an easy to download bundle.
I still intend to add more assets, especially once collection-assets are supported for the 3.1 release of Blender.
- Very simple multi-object base meshes for starting a fresh new character sculpt
- Realistic base mesh with detailed sculpted anatomy on multires subdivisions
- General base meshes for drag & dropping or with a potential insert mesh brush inclusion
- Ropes, chains, hair & other curve based base meshes
- Clothes & other accessorises to add to characters for sculpting
- Animal base meshes
This will be the first version of base meshes so in future Blender releases there can be many updates and additions.
But what are you looking for?
What do you think might be missing or could be improved?
I encourage anyone who is interested to already download the assets from the SVN repository or comment below.