Notes for meeting of Monday, 9 November 2020. 18:00 CET / UTC 17:00 on #blender-coders on blender.chat.
- Sybren Stüvel is the new Linux platform maintainer.
- Geometry Modifier Nodes Presentation
- User Interface meeting notes.
- Tuesday Talk (placeholder link for the upcoming meeting)
- bcon4 is next week, developers to double-check if all the new features are mentioned in the release log.
New revised dates:
- bcon1: Oct 21, 2020
- bcon2: Dec 16, 2020
- bcon3: Jan 13, 2021
- bcon4: Feb 17, 2021
- bcon5/release: Feb 24, 2021
- bug sprint: 4 - 8 Jan, 2021
- bug sprint: 25 - 29 Jan, 2021
- Line Art review is ongoing (D8758)
- Sebastian Parborg and Yiming Wu are waiting for feedback from Hans Goudey and Brecht Van Lommel.
- XR development by Peter Kim is ongoing (D9124).
- Julian Eisel will set some time before bcon2 to review it.
- Ivan Perevala is working on Camera projection mapping for brush texture
- SVG exporter is still a target for 2.92 and will require the
- Antonio Vazquez plans to merge GPencil Beziers to ´master´ in the next few days.
New Features and Changes
- Video Sequencer
- Fast BVH refit for OptiX viewport rendering (commit) (Kévin Dietrich)
- User Interface:
- Layout and text improvements (commit) (commit) (commit) (commit) (commit) (Nathan Craddock, Yevgeny Makarov, Pablo Vazquez, Campbell Barton, Jesse Y)
- Save state of top and status bar in .blend files (commit) (Julian Eisel)
- Outliner: Add “Selectable” object filter (commit) (Jaggz H)
- 3D Viewport: take clipping into account for Frame All (commit) (Campbell Barton)
- Annotations: automatically unhide when using an annotation tool (commit) (Antonio Vazquez)
- macOS: follow system preference for natural trackpad scroll direction (commit) (Yevgeny Makarov)
- macOS: improved application icon progress bar (commit) (Yevgeny Makarov)
- Python API:
- Add Struct.is_property_set(…, ghost) option (commit) (Campbell Barton)