Notes for meeting of Monday, 3 August 2020. 18:00 CEST / UTC 16:00 on #blender-coders on blender.chat.
- Bug Sprint Week
- Particle Nodes Status (meeting notes)
- Property Search Status (meeting notes)
- CMake minimum version bump from 3.5 to 3.10 - (76d489fe233ecc)
- New animation demo file for download.
Release Communication Week
- The release team is preparing the release log and demo files for 2.90.
- The team welcomes CC demo files from artists. Please contact Dalai Felinto (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you want to share any fun file with one the new features.
Google Summer of Code
- Second evaluation was last week - 9 projects passed
- Himanshi Kalra announces that her project changed its 3rd deliverable from “compositor automated testing” to “polishing the framework and merging it to master”.
- Other students are also encouraged to take a look at the schedule and be pragmatic about how wrapping up and merging plans.
New Features and Changes
- Sculpt (Pablo Dobarro)
- Grease Pencil: New Brush predefined mode (commit) (Antonio Vazquez)
- Ocean Modifier: add viewport resolution (commit) (Phil Stopford)
- Cycles: add support for rendering deformation motion blur from Alembic caches. (commit) (Kévin Dietrich)
- Rigid Body: add compound shape (commit) (David Vogel)
- UV Editor: