28 November 2022
Notes for weekly communication of ongoing projects and modules.
- Blender 3.5 will have new minimum required versions for Linux distributions (task).
- The buildbot infrastructure changes are expected to happen this Monday, after which Blender 3.5 daily builds will stop working on older distributions.
- Blender 3.4, 3.3 LTS and 2.93 LTS are not affected, and will continue to be built on CentOS 7.
- The Future of Character Animation — Blender Developers Blog
- Blender Birds of a Feather at Siggraph Asia 2022
- Technical Documentation Discussion - 21 November 2022
- 2022-11-21 Grease Pencil Module Meeting
- 2022-11-24 Animation & Rigging module meeting
- 2022-11-24 Procedural Hair for Blender 3.5
- 2022-11-28 Eevee/Viewport Module Meeting
New blog post about the Geometry Nodes workshop that happened after the Blender Conference 2022.
It shows the design discussions about simulation, loops and geometry object.
There are already builds available for the simulation-branch.
- Change Collection Info output socket name to Instances (commit) (Iliya Katueshenock)
- Rename Transform node to Transform Geometry (commit) (Iliya Katueshenock)
- Add Vertex Opacity Overlay parameter in Sculpt (commit) (Antonio Vazquez)
- Improve oneAPI backend support for non-Intel platforms (commit) (Nikita Sirgienko)
- Add OSL support for hiding input socket value (commit) (Brecht Van Lommel)
- Improve performance of Bake Action operator (commit) (Colin Basnett)
- Use 32-bit floats for custom color attributes (commit) (Miguel Pozo)
- Remove “level” building pass on update (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Implement Track Position node (commit) (Omar Emara)
- Warn about unsupported setups, macOS (commit, commit, commit) (Omar Emara)
- Extend option to enable compositor (commit) (Omar Emara)
- Asset Browser
- Allow changing active catalog from Python (commit) (Julian Eisel)
- Add Blender python module project description for pypi (commit) (Brecht Van Lommel)
- Don’t render missing linked material previews, avoids UI freezing (commit) (Julian Eisel)
- Standardize face set undo steps, optimize memory usage (commit) (Joseph Eagar)
- Store lens principal point in normalized space (commit) (Sergey Sharybin)