2023-07-06 Pipeline, Assets & I/O Meeting

Everyone is welcome on the Google Meet linked below every other Thursday, at 17:00 CEST.

Present: Bastien Montagne, Charles Wardlaw, Matt McLin,
Michael Johnson, Micheal Kowalski, Thomas Barlow.

The meeting covers the pipeline & I/O module in a broader sense, including some topics hosted in other modules (e.g. some I/O python add-ons, or overrides and .blend file I/O from the Core module).

Links

USD

Currently defined targets are still on pace for Blender 4.0:

• Micheal K has been working on python hooks (PR), as well as adding the skeleton (usdSkel) support.
  • Charles has been working on supporting generic attributes.
  • Hydra: there is still quite some work to be done, but the target is still to get it integrated (at least as an experimental feature) in Blender 4.0.

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be on Thursday 20th July, 17:00 CEST/Amsterdam time (your local time: 2023-07-20T15:00:00Z).

The provisional meeting agenda will be linked in the #pipeline-assets-io-module channel before the meeting.

3 Likes

I’m very excited to see this and I already gave the current build a quick test drive. It’s working just like expected and custom attributes can finally be ex- and imported.

Now the big question that arises (that I don’t even know if this is the right place to ask):
Could this help with getting a similar support for attributes in Alembic?

I know @KevinDietrich has been doing a lot of work in this area but somehow nothing ever showed up in main.

4 Likes