2023-03-09 Pipeline, Assets & I/O Meeting

Everyone is welcome on the Google Meet linked below every other Thursday, at 17:00 CEST.

Present: Bastien Montagne, Brian Savery, Charles Wardlaw, Dhruv Govil, Micheal Kowalski, Sonny Campbell, Soslan Guchmazov.

The meeting covers the pipeline & I/O module in a broader sense, including some topics hosted in other modules (e.g. some I/O python add-ons, or overrides and .blend file I/O from the Core module).

Links

USD

The discussion mainly went over future Blender 3.6 targets, Sonny will create a task to keep track of these.

• Sonny created a pull request for the new curves export feature, review is ongoing, could use some more eyes still.
  • Hydra? MacOS/MaterialX may still be pain points, but Brian thinks that 3.6 is still a realistic target, as least as an experimental feature. Dhruv notes that a Metal version of MaterialX has been released.
  • USD library version update? The team will make a decision in the comming 2-3 weeks, since the platform maintainers need some time to work on it in case an update is requested.

Other

Soslan created a design task for an Hxa I/O addon, he will also create a pull request for it.

Next Meeting

The next meeting will be on Thursday 23rd March, 17:00 CET/Amsterdam time (your local time: 2023-03-23T16:00:00Z).

The provisional meeting agenda will be linked in the #pipeline-assets-io-module channel before the meeting.

6 Likes