• Kevin Dietrich (Blender)
  • Lukas Stockner (Blender)
  • Patrick Mours (NVIDIA)
  • Christophe Hery (Facebook)
  • Olivier Maury (Facebook)
  • Feng Xie (Facebook)

Notes

Announcements

• Lukas Stockner starts as a part-time developer for the Blender Institute this week, focusing on Cycles. Welcome!

3.1 Release

• Blender 3.1 was released. Brecht and Kévin are working on fixing some regressions reported after the release.

Cycles

• Olivier is looking into two issues for MNEE still, after which hopefully we can quickly merge this. One is related to motion blur, another might be related to the use of UV maps to find a consistent differentials. An alternative approach without UV maps will be tried, as these in general may not be available or not continuous.
  • Feng is doing more work on optimizing the patch for multi-GPU slicing, to allocate a single render buffer with offsets rather than multiple render buffers, which is likely to improve performance.
  • William Leeson is working with Feng on improved geometry sync performance at Facebook, which is also intended to be contributed back to Cycles master.
  • There will be a GTC presentation next week about Cycles X work for Blender 3.0 and ongoing work for a USD Hydra delegate. Patrick intends to publish a patch for initial USD Hydra delegate support next week to go alone with this.

Practical Info

This is a weekly video chat meeting for planning and discussion of Blender rendering development. Any contributor (developer, UI/UX designer, writer, …) working on rendering in Blender is welcome to join and add proposed items to the agenda.

For users and other interested parties, we ask to read the meeting notes instead so that the meeting can remain focused.

10 Likes

I tried joining, maybe was a daylight savings time mismatch in my calendar.

No real update on AMD side. Still waiting on linux 5.1 driver.

2 Likes

I added a Google Calendar Event link to the post now, hopefully makes it easier to find the right date & time.

2 Likes

@brecht the forum also has an option to display date/time in local time, you can steal the formatting from thomas weekly chat may seem useless if you’re in the timezone the event is in, but for people outside that zone it’s wonderful.

5 Likes