Upcoming GTC presentation about Cycles X and Hydra

Hi everyone,

There’s going to be a presentation at GTC 2022 next week, which is an online conference with free registration. It’s about the Cycles X work we did for Blender 3.0 and ongoing work for USD Hydra integration.

Speeding up Rendering in Blender with Cycles X [S41761]

Learn about the reworked architecture of the Cycles renderer in Blender 3.0 and beyond, which expressed itself as a massive improvement to GPU rendering performance. We’ll cover the technical details of those changes, how and why they work, and what further improvements are still on the table. In addition, we’ll present work on a USD Hydra Render Delegate for Cycles, covering the basics of Hydra, how a Render Delegate can be implemented and how it can be used to integrate Cycles into the Omniverse ecosystem.

Thursday, March 24: 11:00 AM - 11:50 AM CET

27 Likes

Are those typically uploaded to youtube afterwards?

1 Like

Not YouTube, but there should be a video on the GTC website afterwards.

2 Likes

Sooo Excited!!, The Hydra delegate work is amazing news!!!, I can’t wait to try out deployments of usd scenes made with Solaris on Google Cloud and rendered with Cycles!!, This just opens up so many avenues and flexibilizizes the pipeline sooo much, I’m just too excited.

Thank you so much for keeping the development of this area alive!

1 Like

Oh I missed this info - it seems that the GTC content can only be accessed “on demand” for those who registered to the actual event in the first place, and up to the 11 of April, [EDIT] or wait until the 11 of April for access on NVidia “On demand” :cry:

It’d be great if you could share your slides :angel:

Here are the slides:

8 Likes