2022-12-05 Grease Pencil Module Meeting

Practical info

Date/Time: 2022-12-05T15:00:00Z
Link: https://meet.google.com/ier-srzv-mng
Attendees:

• Amélie Fondevilla (Les Fées Spéciales)
  • Daniel Martinez Lara (Pepe School Land)
  • Samuel Bernou (ADV Studios)
  • Falk David (SPA)
  • Fiona Cohen (ADV Studios)
  • Matias Mendiola (Storyboard artist - Core Grease Pencil team)
  • Nick Fox-Gieg (York University)
  • Yann Lanthony (SPA)
  • Yiming Wu (The LineArt guy)

Topics

• Review results of first feedback from the user feedback form.
    Answers can be found here.
  • SPA (Falk/Yann):
    • Update on world space onion skinning work (possibly a demo).
    • Update on scene override patch and current status.
    • Update on list of upcoming patches.
  • Talk about proposed plan on how to develop GP 3.0 in master

Meeting Notes

• User feedback form:
    • Got initial responses from 20 people.
    • Apart from a few small tweaks, the form seems to be good and the questions are understood well.
    • Next steps: share the form with a wider audience. Ideas for possible plattforms are:
      • Blender.chat, Blender Nation, Twitter, Blender Today (in January when Pablo Vazquez is back)
  • Update from SPA:
  • We have an idea on how to develop GP 3.0 in master: Developer Discussion: New Grease Pencil Data Structure Proposal - #19 by filedescriptor
  • Samuel: Is in touch with El Guirri Studio to work on a storypencil addon (which would be open source from the start), should begin work on it soon.

Next Meeting

6 Likes

Hi, @filedescriptor ,
sorry for using this odd way to put my question, but blender’s chatroom doesn’t let me sign in, so here’s my question:
When i open blender 2D and start drawing, i only see my stroke after i stopped the movement. Is there some setting i have to change in order to have a brush/ink behaviour like the annotation tool (instant visibility), or is that a known issue?
Thx!

Issues like these should be reported on the bug tracker. In Blender, you can click the “Help > Report a Bug” button and then fill out the form (you also need to sign in with your Blender ID).
I think I’ve seen similar issues reported for mac os, so this might already be worked on.

This is what happens currently when i try to report a bug:
It tells me that the username is already used by someone else and completing registration is not possible. I should mention that i have a blender id and reported bugs in the past successfully. Nevermind. I already decided to make a blender break until 4.0.

platform: ‘Linux-5.4.0-144-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.31’
‘GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2’
‘4.4.0 NVIDIA 340.108’