Notes for weekly communication of ongoing projects and modules.
- New tagging system for meetings in devtalk.
- Final Google Summer of Code slots requested today.
- Google will let the organizations know how many slots on Wednesday.
Geometry Nodes is having regular meetings on Mondays.
- They are open to anyone interested on getting involved.
Asset Browser & Pose Libraries
- More work on snapping for asset drag & drop (commit) (Julian Eisel)
- Demonstration of the pose library was given at the Animation & Rigging meeting.
New Features and Changes
- Allow converting text objects to grease pencil (commit) (Erik Abrahamsson, Antonio Vazquez)
- Add threshold value glow effect color mode (commit) (Falk David)
- Add randomize offset options to offset modifier (commit) (Cody Winchester)
- Give blank object a layer and material by default (commit) (Antonio Vazquez)
- Allow using a reference object for factor in opacity and thickness modifiers (commit) (Yiming Wu)
- Initial Attribute Transfer node (commit) (Jacques Lucke)
- Add an “Auto” option for Attribute Convert data type (commit) (Charlie Jolly)
- Make internal attribute data transfer slightly more efficient (commit) (Jacques Lucke)
- Combine vector/color spreadsheet columns (commit) (Jacques Lucke)
- Add instance IDs from geometry set (commit) (Hans Goudey)
- Change camera settings for object thumbnails (commit) (Harley Acheson)
- Various small tweaks to wording and layout (commit, commit, commit, commit) (Campbell Barton, Hans Goudey, Yiming Wu, Tomasz Kaye)
- Make drivers’ “mute” flag overridable. (commit) (Bastien Montagne)
- Dependency Graph: Support depending on collection geometry (commit) (Jacques Lucke)
- Python GPU: Add new methods and port code templates in the manual (commit, commit) (Germano Cavalcante)
- Improvements to Python API documentation website (commit, commit) (Aaron Carlisle)