Texture Painting in Blender

Texture painting in Blender

Will texture painting in Blender in anyway get improvements?

I see a lot of great work been done in Sculpting, modeling, animation, compositing, Grease pencil and the rest but there’s nothing really New in Texture painting mode it’s really lacking many features please let it follow along and get improvements.

like:
*Layers
*Newer brushes (like stamp brush for stamping textures or images)
*particle brushes
*text brush (for writing stuffs onto textures)

common, there’s more to Texture Painting

2 Likes
  • You actually have layers, only that is hard to use.
  • you can do stamp brush
  • Particles brushes is not popular in substance, but I don’t see reason to don’t do it in blender.
  • Text brush is not necesasary, blender need to improve the texture nodes and add a text node, more easy I think.
1 Like

Pablo Dobarro, the main sculpt mode dev, plans to improve Texture Paint. We just need to figure out a way to make clones of him so he can work on all areas at once. :wink:

You can see a few Texture Paint things on the todos, including image layers: ⚓ T63745 Sculpt, Paint, Texture Module

2 Likes

Project Substance Alchemist is a good place to start thinking about it. From there we can start looking at tools like more types of brushes and textures for brushes as we see in Substance Painter, Photoshop, GIMP and Krita, for example. Texture patterns also included in these software and Substance Designer. More PBR materials. Selection and mask tools, as we see in Substance Painter and Substance Designer.

_Should I have created a new post?

Selecting the image texture in the material and the texture drawing panel cutting directly to the corresponding image would be a much better experience, or at the very least have an option to show only the selected material texture.

1 Like

Would like to add more intuitive layers, canvas flip, more direct image addressing, proto and square tools, ai mask selections