[SOLVED]Optix Denoiser error with 2.91 alpha - OPTIX_ERROR_INVALID_VALUE in optixModuleCreateFromPTX

In one of our machines we are getting this Optix error if we try to use the denoiser, the render with optix works, the GPU is a GTX1080, in a different system we have the same GPU and it’s working fine, the drivers are the latest 450:

Error: OPTIX_ERROR_INVALID_VALUE in optixModuleCreateFromPTX(context, &module_options, &pipeline_options, ptx_data.data(), ptx_data.size(), nullptr, 0, &optix_module) (device_optix.cpp:426)

Some ideas are welcome, since we cannot render with the optix denoiser.

BTW Optix denoiser works in 2.83.2, we are testing now 2.90 beta

SOLVED

The problem was that there was something corrupt in the userpref.blend, deleting it and reconfiguring blender solved the problem.

I’m not sure why this happened.

1 Like

Interesting that I found this now. I get the same error with the 2.9 release. However, deleting the userpref.blend didn’t seem to fix the issue. I’m running a RTX 2070 gpu and don’t seem to have any problems with Blender 2.83.5 or any earlier versions using Optix denoise.

1 Like

RTX 2080 on Ubuntu 18.10 - Same problem.

I’ve tried with both 2.9 & 2.91 alpha. 0 issues with 2.83.

The error I see:
OPTIX_ERROR_INVALID_VALUE in optixDenoiseSetModel(denoiser, OPTIX_DENOISER_MODEL_AND_HDR, NULL, 0)

Pop!_OS 20.10 , GTX 1080 ti , Blender 2.91 beta
Same problem happened to me when I activate LuxCore render Add-on.
By deactivate it the problem is solved without deleting userpref.blend

1 Like

I can confirm that LuxCore render appears to be the problem, though I’m not certain has been an issue from the day I turned LuxCore on. I think it only appeared a few days later. However, disabling LuxCore gets Optix denoising working again.

1 Like

Hi Blenders :slightly_smiling_face:

I had the same problem, but I resolved it only by updating my GTX drivers. Try this solution before you delete anything. It might help… If don’t… Yeah… Press “X” to delete this usepref file :smile::slightly_smiling_face:

Happy Blending All :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I updated my GTX drivers, but same error. Then I deteleted the usepref file and now my blender crashes :c