Sample Count and Render time passe are not working 2.82 / 2.83

Hi,

I can’t have an output from the Sample Count and Render Time passes ? What I missed and how to setup it please ? I tried enabled Adaptive sampling too but no results.

It’s a good features

Thank you,

Matt

It sounds like you’re using the Adaptive Sampling patch from some custom build; no official build supports that yet. That said, if you want to use the Sample Count render pass, you need to enable it. The following works for me:

1. Enable Adaptive sampling

2. Enable the optional render passes
    pass

3. View the render pass in the Compositor after rendering completes

Hi,

I done this but no result in the build I use. Could you give me the build version you used here and I’ll compare with the one I use and I’ll try to found the problem ?

Thank you,

Matt

I’m using my own build with the adaptive sample patch applied locally (using latest in master branch). Beware that the patch no longer applies cleanly to master and you’ll have to wait for the author to update it if you are not comfortable in the code to do so yourself.

Where did you get your build from? What do you mean when you say “no result” – where are you looking?

If you skip step 3 above (don’t use the compositor) and instead just look at the render output window, can you see the pass data there if you select it in the drop-down?

Hi,

Oki, I tried in the experimental build and the E-Cycles build. I tried also the Bone Studio build that render full white no adaptative visible in the passe. Work during rendering for the 3 builds, I saw the sampling during rendering on the image (beauty, sample count is full alpha) and the sampling distribution is different but the sample count passe is empty. So as E-Cycles and the master are build from the same branche is normal that not works if an update is needed.
I think the render time passe is the same thing.

I’m not build my own but if you have a tutorial to learn it, I take :wink:

Thanks for yours answers,
Matt

Hi, not a tutorial but … https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Building_Blender
I need several days for the first time to build Blender on Opensuse Linux, Debian based like Ubuntu should be much easier.
Be aware of multiple GB downloads on Windows. but should be easy as well.
Take your time, it is not easy if you not familiar with development at all.

Cheers, mib

Hi,

Oki thank you for all your answers :wink: I’ll try

Cheers,
Matt