Repeat History can be a very powerfull tool

Hi all!

I recently started using the repeat history menu to repeat the actions I did previously, because I noticed that in some cases it is much faster to perform these small action loops than to repeat the whole operation of pressing a shortcut , create the operation of the tool, set the parameters that interest me … and assign it … it becomes evident that a simple “repeat” is faster …

So I decided to create a special shortcut for the “history menu”…

Continuing to use this tool in this way have matured in me the needs and emerged of the gaps that I would like to expose as a suggestion for a possible improvement of this tool:

the gaps:

• Some operations are detailed, as you can see from the image, others are more confusing as for example “rotate”, I often do more rotations, or do a bevel of vertices instead of edge, and then to redo a bevel with other parameters and so on …
    it would be very useful if each tool had more information on the works … to better distinguish a set of operations from another one done previously.

• After a certain number of operations the list reset , and this is not good, does not flow, but precisely returns to zero operations,
    It would be useful to always scroll and keep in memory the last 10-20 operations.

addition of improvement:

• Sometimes I want to repeat an operation but I would like to make small changes before reassigning the operation …
    It would be interesting to have a small icon next to each repeating action listed that recalls the property panel of that specific tool, for example open the bevel panel of a listed action to modify some individual parameters of that operation, before reassigning that operation… and so on…

I think that with very little this tool would become very useful and powerful (as it is already partially)

2 Likes

Yes, Repeat History is quite powerful.

It’s unclear what you mean by this. It sounds like a bug, but given that I’m not sure what you mean, I don’t know.

yes, it could be a bug
I only noticed it happens, after the list reaches a certain number (I have not counted which one), it resets itself

edit:
I have verified, it seems that it does not happen anymore,
in the build of a few days ago it happened, probably the bug has been noticed and corrected by someone

@billrey
no I’ve found out why it resets, it’s not when the list reaches a certain number, but when you press undo ctrl-z
it’s a different kind of bug, the list should never reset, otherwise it loses its usefulness

Please report it as a bug.

Thanks.

1 Like